Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapped Object always turns Grey

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Christinax75
1005 Views, 1 Reply

Mapped Object always turns Grey

Hi all, I recently started learning 3dsMAX, and am having a particular problem. Everytime I try to map a material to my object, in which case is a simple chair, the selected part always turns grey. What I do is drag the material to the selected part, and 'drop' it. By right the material should show up by then. But instead the part turns grey. This is the same for every other map texture I use. I'm using 3dsmax 2014. I also tried assigning the material, but nothing works. The way I click is: I open up the material editor> click map>check the diffuse option>open the bitmap under it>select the texture i want>assign it to the selected part> and the thing turns grey. 😕 My chair is not grouped together. I clicked show shaded object in VP. Didn't add any modifier. Only extruded it from an autocad Drawing. What could be the problem and how can I fix this?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
danderson
in reply to: Christinax75

In order for a bitmap to be seen you need to UV map it, otherwise the object doesn't know how it's placed on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report