Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Help Please

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hudsonrver
467 Views, 3 Replies

Lighting Help Please

Hello,

I am following along with a tutorial on Standard lighting on an inside room scene. So far all i have added is a key light as the tutor instructs and my scene is blown out with light. I noticed he is using inches and feet like I am but the distances are very different in his room. On his near Attenuation, the numbers are 0'0.0" to 40'0.0". On mine the sizing is 0'0.0" to 3'4.0". I have my Key light above and outside of the room as he does though.

I drew a box that is 1' square and the sizing is right to the room scene.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you so much

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hudsonrver
in reply to: hudsonrver

Here is my room file minus furniture and mouldings. I could have clicked something in Render Setup I shouldn't have, trying to improve the scene.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hudsonrver

You can click on the lux/wat/candlepower or whatever those options are instead of % power, and that should let you adjust the brightness. If you get too much light, and you have the option, turn on the far attenuation, which will let you adjust the maximum distance the light rays affect surfaces from the light source. If you don't see that option, then mess around with the settings; click on every option you see, and see what it does -- you won't end up breaking anything.

Message 4 of 4
hudsonrver
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and thank you Liquidspark, I played a bunch with the levels and brought them down a bit. I have added a spot light but for some reason it is not showing up on the floor. I moved the target above and below the floor level but it still does not render, though I can see the shine and burn in camera view. I'm attaching a pic to show.

Thank you again for any assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report