Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FG Interpolation Method (I always need to use it now)

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
1427 Views, 25 Replies

FG Interpolation Method (I always need to use it now)

Hi All,

A new problem i've just encountered with Final Father....
All of a sudden, everytime i render i get large white circles and bright areas within my render.

Nothing has changed with my rendering techniques, my lighting or the sizes of the render. nothing.

If i untick the "final gather" option in the render setup box no white circles etc are to be seen. but as soon as final gather is used they show back up again.
the only way to get around this at the moment is for me to tick the "Use Radius Interpolation Method" which gives great results but they take forever to render.
please please let there be a hero out there who knows of this problem! haha.. i'm at my wits end trying to figure it out!

i'm using 3d max design 2009.

Thank you.
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: romullus3d

sorry, I attached a zipped folder now.... with the .max files. I also zipped a 2011 version, because I use 3ds max 2014. 

Message 22 of 26
romullus3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Biggest mistake in your file is wrong scale. Whole scene is 10 times smaller than it should be. It is very bad. You should always work with correct scale.

I played a bit with your scene. Added couple more portals, changed skylight mode from ibl to fg, upped fg preset from draft to low, tweaked a little bit photon mapping settings, adjusted exposure, tweaked sun's photon targeting, turned off omni light and changed shadow maps to raytraced shadows. Your interrior lights are very dim you should brighten it. Scene materials are all wrong, so i just replaced them with simple grey mat.

I will attach max scene later.

Message 23 of 26
romullus3d

scene file:

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous

thanks a lot for your help romullus!! I am aware of the scale problem... thought it wouldn't matter so much, but appearently it does....so I will keep this in mind:) 

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous

Do you know why I can't add materials to the scene? I tried to give the floor a pink color, just to see if anything changes, but if I render the scene everythings stays grey... although I can see the pink color in my shaded perspective view... 

Message 26 of 26
romullus3d
in reply to: Anonymous

It's because of material override. You should uncheck it. It's in processing tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report