Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FG Interpolation Method (I always need to use it now)

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
1355 Views, 25 Replies

FG Interpolation Method (I always need to use it now)

Hi All,

A new problem i've just encountered with Final Father....
All of a sudden, everytime i render i get large white circles and bright areas within my render.

Nothing has changed with my rendering techniques, my lighting or the sizes of the render. nothing.

If i untick the "final gather" option in the render setup box no white circles etc are to be seen. but as soon as final gather is used they show back up again.
the only way to get around this at the moment is for me to tick the "Use Radius Interpolation Method" which gives great results but they take forever to render.
please please let there be a hero out there who knows of this problem! haha.. i'm at my wits end trying to figure it out!

i'm using 3d max design 2009.

Thank you.
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
ivan_iliev
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome on board Petekillboy,
you know the best way is to zip the max file or a portion of it and post it here. Someone will take a look and give you a suggestion.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous

Thank you,
i've attached an archive zip file of the model. however it's with every model i create so it's not just this model alone.
i've gone into older models and rendered them and they are fine!

let me know any comments.. thank you 🙂

model_1_1.zip

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous

i've figured it out!!!! and rewarded myself with two sugars in the coffee.
anyhow if anybody else gets this problem.. my solution is:

check your final gather map file you save it to! simple. the file i used was corrupt and would render it with the circles, bright lights, spots, "damp patches" etc..
as soon as i saved it to another file it's gone!
my life is saved 🙂

hope this helps anyone at some point 🙂
Message 5 of 26
ivan_iliev

Yes, no problems here.
My first idea was that the FG map was corrupt; therefore I rendered the file without it (FG map) and got that image. (See Attachment) During the rendering I got the notification E-mail that you found the solution.

ivan

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous

Hi,
thank you for the reply anyway, much appreciated.
this has never happened before in all the time I've used the FG Map so I was lucky to find the solution! it just so happened a previous model which worked, the map was saved to my local computer rather than the server, which gave me the inkling it was the FG Map.

Again thank you 🙂
Message 7 of 26
bregman.l.c
in reply to: ivan_iliev

hiii Ivan,

I saw your reaction on this topic and I have the same problem, but I use 3ds max 2014 and I don't have this final gather map option....so I keep having these bright spots in my scene and noise... So I thought maybe you can help me also with this problem..Im kind of a newby on 3ds max:P 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers! 

Message 8 of 26
romullus3d
in reply to: bregman.l.c

It looks like photon mapping "issue". Can you show your caustics and GI settings in Global Illumination window?

Message 9 of 26
Midge_S

Also, are you using mr Sky Portals outside your windows to get the Sunlight in?

Message 10 of 26
bregman.l.c
in reply to: romullus3d

These are my settings.... i still haven't figured out whats the deal with
these spots... Thanks in advance!

[image: Inline afbeelding 1]
Message 11 of 26
romullus3d

I don't see any image in your post...

Message 12 of 26
bregman.l.c

hmm okay something obviously went wrong... can you open the image now?? 

Message 13 of 26
bregman.l.c
in reply to: Midge_S

I think so... I created a daylight system.... so I also turned on the mr sky
Message 14 of 26
romullus3d

Looks like you haven't created sky portals in windows. You definitely should do so.

Message 15 of 26
bregman.l.c

This is what I get with the skyportals.... I've set them to 0.01, but they're still so bright... also the floor is grainy...and it should be a little bit shiny... I also made a render in the same file the only difference is, with that one I used another camera from another angle.., without all those weird spots... I also attached this render, so that you can see how the render should become... Hope you can help me, would be awesome:)

Message 16 of 26
romullus3d

You should adjust exposure instead of lowering portals multiplier. Maybe try to set higher final gather noise filtering.

If you could remove all furniture from your scene and attach it here, i could look at it and try to figure where the problem is.

Message 17 of 26
bregman.l.c

Okay, that would be awesome! Thing is...I can't upload the file in here... it doenst accept any .max or .fbx files...appearently... 

Message 18 of 26
bregman.l.c

Okay....tried something else...now it's a 3ds file... I think you can use this as well...

Message 19 of 26
Steve_Curley

Many file types will not attach - simply Zip them (not alternatives like 7zip or winrar - just zip) then they will attach.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 20 of 26
romullus3d

Well, there isn't lights, render setups, materials in 3ds file. How i supposed to see where the problem is? You should export and attach max scene without textures.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report