Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight and Exposure Control

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
charlie_nicols
569 Views, 6 Replies

Daylight and Exposure Control

Hi there I am working on using photmetric lighting combined with the daylight system within my kitchen scene, all was going well till these white circles kept appearing in my scene ! Now i can't seem to get rid of them.

The picture attached shows the render even when all lights deleated, including the daylight system !!!! the spots are still there and there is light ourside in my enviroment. 

I think its due to the exposure control ??

Any help would be greatly appriciated and tips on using these two lighting sources togeather

Many thanks for your time

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
paulneale
in reply to: charlie_nicols

It is just the quatity settings for the light and renderer. 

Paul Neale
PEN Productions
http://paulneale.com
Win 10 64bit
Nvidia GeForce 1060
Message 3 of 7
BenBisares

I've seen something similar in the past and it was due to the window material (glass). For testing purposes try hiding the window panes or just hide the window completely.

If that does the trick then I suggest trying replacing the material on the window pane to an Autodesk Glass or an Arch & Design "Glass (Thin geometry)" material.

Also are you using any mr Sky Portals?

Ben Bisares
Tags (2)
Message 4 of 7
s.butler

If what Ben suggested doesn't work, try this with exposure control

Go to pulldown menu RENDERING > Exposure Control

Change the exposure to Physically Based Lighting, Indoor Daylight which will set your exposure control to 10

Message 5 of 7
charlie_nicols
in reply to: BenBisares

Yup using one mrskyportal ! Will trying hiding that glass , thanks for the tip ! Sorry about the delayed reply been away.
Message 6 of 7
charlie_nicols
in reply to: s.butler

Thanks a butler , the exposure control is already set to that though unfortunately ! 🙂 thanks for the suggestion though .
Message 7 of 7
eric.paris

Hi, those white circles are the photons emitted in your scene.

This is a problem in your render settings, global illumination tab and your lights.

- First, your photons are little bit small, take a look at your photons emitting lights and check "Automatically Calculate Energy and Photons".

Smaller Photons = need more photons to cover your scenes.

- Make sure your scene use real world measurement.

- Enable Final Gathering

- Photon Mapping (GI) is probably already checked, use default settings for your tests.

- In light properties (Global illumination tab), default number of photons is 20000, just try 40000 and 60000.

Now you can add a Mr Photographic  Exposure Control to adjust the exposure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report