Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compositing of light and texure question?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DOM0
209 Views, 0 Replies

Compositing of light and texure question?

I would like to know the difference or pointed in the right direction on why, I see demo reels that show depth of field, ambient occlusion and so on.

I mean I'm not sure if ambient acclusion is used for clay render or, baked into the texures I guessed called light baking?  things like this. I think it would help my texture problems since I want to make realsitic or very good texures.

I know about normal maps, specularity, occlusion and displacement maps but, from there I am lost.    render passes?

Then I heard about teal lighting.  it's weird becuase you can see some animation companies on youtube showing warm and cool colors  for setting the mood but yet, I have never seen a tutorial on how they do animations with this warm light affect with dust particles and so on.   I'm starting to learn photoshop so I can learn how to make custom texures and , I would like to learn mudbox for stenciling in detail.

here are to examples of what I mean that I found in google images of what affect I would like ot learn. One animation is called Meet Meline  and another is A gentlemens Duel.  see how the lighting is?  not sure if there using actually lights in Maya or using after effects with some kind of mask or color grade with dust particles. .   any guess or suggestions would be very appriated. I just need to be pointed in a direction.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report