Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost render problem - doesn't appear?

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
gwingamer
7460 Views, 20 Replies

Bifrost render problem - doesn't appear?

So I had created a simple setup scene since I want to try this new feature, here is my scene file screenshot : 

ss.JPG

but when I tried to render it, appears like this one : 

test.jpg

is it because mental ray must render it as mesh and not particles ? I already enable bifrost meshing but it still doesnt appear in render result.

any help would be appreciated, sorry for my english, thanks you 🙂

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
kainkun
in reply to: gwingamer

Im having that problem too. have you found a solution?

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: kainkun

Also the same problem after installing Service Pack 1. If I switch on the mesh function it renders black and if I render particles only nothing renders:(

Message 4 of 21
gwingamer
in reply to: Anonymous

finally I got the fix for this : just install the maya 2015 SP2 and I opened saem scene file, try to render it, then it appears ! 

for those who got this problem, it appears as maya SP1 bug, just try installed SP2 and it should have been fixed 😄 

Message 5 of 21
kainkun

still dosnt work for me... 😞

Message 6 of 21
Bennyhase
in reply to: kainkun

Aaaargh, same problem.

Bifrost will not render with mental ray !!!

Have deinstalled completely Maya, have deinstalled Mental Ray.

Then again install Maya, then SP1, then Sp2 with Mentalray-Update.

But will not work, have made a test scene and using one of the sample scenes for Bifrost coming with maya.

Will not render, nothing !

Whats the problem with there?

Feels like the integration of Bifrost is too early. Naiad is the better solution at this time 😞

Message 7 of 21
cormaction
in reply to: Bennyhase

I'm even having problems even getting Bi-Frost to display in the viewport. Loading any of the example scenes or even making a fresh bi-frost Sim seems to do nothing. Is there something I should have switched on to view the particles? Everything is turned on in the viewport "Show" panels and the sim appears to be running but I can't see anything in the viewport or when I render. My grpahics card is an AMD Radeon HD 5700. Its a few years old but surely capable of showing particles!!!

EDIT - I should also mention I've also updated to SP2 for both maya and mental ray and still have the issue. I do have Avast installed and had a problem installing initially (it didnt like the bi-frost install file) but I disabled and it seems to have worked...it's simming but not showing.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: cormaction

I am having the same problem as the last post. I can load the sample scenes I can create my own emitters and I can create my own liquid and all the corrosponding items show up correctly but there are no particles generated at all. I upgraded to Service pack 2 and same thing no particles. I am using the student version. Can anyone help I have tried multiple settings and I am using viewport 2.0 and have tried other viewports and no go. No particles show up except the different items for bifrost that are supposed to show up. I to had the Maya Avast bifrost .dll error and fixed it during install. Maybe I need to reinstall.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

Figured it out it is the Avast problem that is messing up the bifrost. You need to install the Browser version 30 day trail. Then input your key after and Avast dosent mess up the BiFrost .dll file which was the reason the particles were not showing up cause Avast screwed up the BiFrist .dll file.

Message 10 of 21
Anonymous

Also have Avast disabeled when installing.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

Now today its not working again after I got it all nice and working yesterday. I think avast is screwing with bifrost.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous

Fixed it. Avast was oin silent gaming mode and it kept sticking BiFrost files in the virus chest without me knowing. Added the files to the exclusion list and restored then and now it works.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

I'm still having this issue at work we dont have Avast installed we have Symantec. I uninstalled Maya 2015 dissabled Symantec Protection and reinstalled, then reinstalled SP3. Opened up Maya and applied Bifraost liquid shader and nothing still doesnt render! please is there a proper fix for this issue?

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous

I would uninstall Nortons completly. Check the virus chest and see if it is sticking any Maya files into it.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Hmm I'll have to ask IT permission to uninstall and try to install Maya 2015 SP3 again, I looked at the GUI for Symanyec and there are no files being put into quarantine, are there specific files that seem to be blocked/put into quarantine so I can see first if they are actually being installed?

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous

Avast was doing two things that were screwing me. On Installation it was blocking bifrost files causing problems. On Launching Bifrost it was putting files in quarantine causing problems. I fixed the first one thinking the problem was solved and got screwed by the second one. Fixed the second one also and it works fine.

I almost sure Symantic is doing both or one.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

Here are the files I restored and excluded after avast put them in quarantine.

C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Maya 2015\AD_5922.tmp\x64\Maya\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\bifrost\bin\precompiledGraphs\93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll

C:\Autodesk\AD_E28.tmp\Autodesk_Maya_2015_dlm\x64\Maya\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\bifrost\bin\precompiledGraphs\93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\bifrost\bin\precompiledGraphs\93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous

Awesome, uninstalled Symantec and re updated Maya 2015 SP3 and Mental Ray all is working as it should now.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Ya Nortons was blocking some BiFrost files then.

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous

Ye seems to be the case that specific files were getting blocked by Symantec.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report