Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch render question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
442 Views, 5 Replies

Batch render question

hey hey guys,

i have just come across this little niggle in maya 2014. i am batch rendering a single image with maya closed with the render settings set on 8 cores and default tiling. the render starts off alright with all my cpu cores on 100%... until i get to about 40% of the render finished all of the cpus drop down between 40-50% .. and here it stays.. for HOURS and HOURS i am waiting as i write this. This is crippling my render times , whats going on?

many thanks

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
timaging
in reply to: Anonymous

mine do the same thing... stall from 40-55%, then pick up, and again right at 95% I get the same stall. It finishes eventually, but it sure does take a long time.

Message 3 of 6
steve_r

Is this mental ray ? Wasn't sure.
If yes, do you see this on any scene you render with Maya batch ?
Message 4 of 6
timaging
in reply to: steve_r

for the most part yes. Any render that takes more than a few minutes to render a frame.

Mental Ray using Final Gather with indirect light as my light source.

Message 5 of 6
steve_r
in reply to: timaging

In a few minutes render it's hard to say at what stage of mental ray rendering it actually happens. Is it during the FG computation, or later during final frame rendering ?

Do you render in several passes or layers ?

Best, Steve.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

i am not very sure, but it might also has to do with your Rendering settings, are they on high quality ? sampling is high ? and anti aliasing ? also, if you use high quality FG then GPU really utilizes lot of memory to render.

also, it would be more easier to help if you could jusz upload your scene's image or something

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report