Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scaleform crashing win32 build on windows resize or atl+tab

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
922 Views, 12 Replies

scaleform crashing win32 build on windows resize or atl+tab

I have downloaded the scaleform 4.2 from the following link http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform/public/downloads

The demo which is provided "menu_level" plays fine in a exe build, untill the window is resized or alt+tab is used, then the build just crashes. I can't seem to fix this issue on my own, is there a resolution to this issue on the forums?

Am running a win7 64 pro. Rest of the techinical info is hopefully enough and clear in the log below.

/////////////////THIS IS THE INITIAL LOG///////////////////////////
Initialize engine version: 4.2.2f1 (54f0fc09defb)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1140]
    Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     1014 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 DF24=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: E:\ScaleformPaidPatch\Build\game_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\ScaleformPaidPatch\Build\game_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\ScaleformPaidPatch\Build\game_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\ScaleformPaidPatch\Build\game_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\ScaleformPaidPatch\Build\game_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\ScaleformPaidPatch\Build\game_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.049 seconds
desktop: 1600x900 60Hz; virtual: 1600x900 at 0,0

////////////////////THIS IS THE END OF LOG IN OUTPUT.TXT ///////////

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/Misc/Player.cpp Line: 1494)

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wow nobody has got this issue? we have bought scaleform for both mac and pc, but this problem is really a showstopper for us. Can somebody from the scaleform team help me with this issue?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

I have the same issue on a Intel HD3000 setup . And when running fullscreen, the game resolution must be set to the monitor's current resolution.

My solution, unfortunately, it to not alt-tab and to set the monitor at the res I want to run.

I will test on the Nvidia GTX 480 and report back.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

GTX 480 has no problems running full screen when the resolution is set to something other than the current res but alt-tab produces a crash.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

We have trying to get to the root of this problem on our own too. But its the same case in every machine that we are testing on and we just can't seem to isolate the problem. This state of Customer Service to a 600$ product is just appalling really.
Message 6 of 13
adam.petrone

Hello sushant_29,

We are unable to reproduce this on NVIDIA or ATI cards with the latest version. This may have been fixed by one of our engineers.

Are you running the latest Scaleform Unity plugin? There should be an "sf_version" in the zip which describes the version/branch it was built with.

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Thanks,

Adam Petrone

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: adam.petrone

Hi Adam, like i said i had dowloaded the scaleform from  http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform/public/downloads and i couldn't find any file which you mentioned. The zip file is named sf_4.2_unity_all , and inside the zip are the following files:

sf_4.2_unity_getting_started.pdf

ScaleformTutorial_Consumer.unitypackage

Scaleform 4.2 Unity Plugin README.pdf

Autodesk_Form_Middleware_License_Mobile_Agr (Folder)

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

This is how it usually looks like:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

HandleD3DDeviceLost
HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
Crash!!!

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x7043DFE6) (libgfxunity3d): (filename not available): SF_GotoAndStop + 0x7f86
(0x704380D8) (libgfxunity3d): (filename not available): SF_GotoAndStop + 0x2078
(0x7043148F) (libgfxunity3d): (filename not available): UnitySetGraphicsDevice + 0xcf
(0x0038B5CD) (snowflake): (filename not available): Behaviour::Transfer<StreamedBinaryWrite<0> > + 0x9ec6d
(0x005BEE40) (snowflake): (filename not available): AnimationEvent::Transfer<SafeBinaryRead> + 0x147a20
(0x005BF049) (snowflake): (filename not available): AnimationEvent::Transfer<SafeBinaryRead> + 0x147c29
(0x00388FE1) (snowflake): (filename not available): Behaviour::Transfer<StreamedBinaryWrite<0> > + 0x9c681
(0x003E06CB) (snowflake): (filename not available): Behaviour::Transfer<StreamedBinaryWrite<0> > + 0xf3d6b
(0x003E1EEB) (snowflake): (filename not available): Behaviour::Transfer<StreamedBinaryWrite<0> > + 0xf558b
(0x0062DB68) (snowflake): (filename not available): AnimationEvent::Transfer<SafeBinaryRead> + 0x1b6748
(0x0065F4D0) (snowflake): (filename not available): AnimationEvent::Transfer<SafeBinaryRead> + 0x1e80b0
(0x761133AA) (kernel32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk + 0x12
(0x77299EF2) (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 0x63
(0x77299EC5) (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 0x36

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

So looks like there has been no solid resolution on this problem. 😞

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Did you dowload the version from the 13th of December?

http://gameware.autodesk.com/downloads/scaleform/sf_4.2_unity_all.zip

I can't repro your issue on my machine (with an ATI card).

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

So I came up with a solution for the crashing on the Intel HD3000 when running a resolution other than the current monitor setting... I set up a intro scene that does not contain any scaleform content. The project does not crash on launch and since the screen size is already set when the next scene with scaleform content loads, there is no crash.

Of course this doesn't address the alt-tab issue.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

The latest Scaleform download (12/13/2013) from here http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform/public/downloads , seems to have fixed this issue. Although we still haven't done extensive testing. Thank you scaleform team Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report