Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaleform-Unity trial error 101 on ios

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LukeGJ
376 Views, 2 Replies

Scaleform-Unity trial error 101 on ios

I have the evaluation version of Scaleform.  Running the included demo scene works fine out of the box on Windows 8 / OSX, but when I build for iOS I get the message "Faied to open the license file.  Please see the reade for licensing instructions, Error:101"

That section of the documentation refers to a license key obtained from the Autodesk E-Store, but I did not recieve a license key when I downloaded the trial - it was just a simple matter of downloading the unity package, opening it in Unity, and it worked - I didn't get a licensing message on the other platforms.

Please help me figure out what I'm missing...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RichMC
in reply to: LukeGJ

From Unity Development:

For this, I’ve downloaded the trial version from our public site:

…and used that to replicate their issue. I can verify the error about the license on iOS. You may need an evaluation key in order to use it on mobiles.

Fill out a form for an eval key – by clicking on the Evaluate button above the download links and make sure they check off the boxes for the platforms they want to evaluate. You will receive an eval key for each one.
Richard Mc
Autodesk Gameware
Scaleform Division
Message 3 of 3
LukeGJ
in reply to: RichMC

Hi,

I'm sorry, but a one month turnaround time for questions is not acceptable for me.  I hope this will help someone else, but I've long since moved on to other options.

Thanks,

Luke.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report