Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Scaleform on iOS support loading from the local file system?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
326 Views, 1 Reply

Does Scaleform on iOS support loading from the local file system?

Either directly by passing it a local filesystem URI or by reading the file myself and passing a byte array to Scaleform?

I want to use ScaleForm on PC, OSX, Android, and iOS; however, one of the requirements is that I can load an SWF from the local filesystem (not streaming assets or resources locations.)

This can be problematic on iOS (I've had to write my own loaders for MP3 files, and other content already.)

This is really a pre-sales question, but I didn't find anyplace to ask it other than here...

Thanks,

Hans

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi hkessock,

We are trying to use this feature at the moment but are encountering issues, you can follow the problem's progress in this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Scaleform-Unity-Development/Unity-4-3-iOS-JPEG-Issues/td-p/4659101

We are able to load from the local filesystem in the editor and on android devices (although we are have many other issues on that platform!), as long as the path in question can be accessed by unity

Hope this helps 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report