Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demos have errors

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
344 Views, 10 Replies

Demos have errors

Hello,

I'm really excited to try out Scaleform for Unity. This will be a very powerful tool for us, as UI design in Unity is very difficult right now. So thanks for the hard work getting this product working on Unity and mobile platforms.

Unfortunately, I cannot get either of the demos to run even after reading and following the documents provided. I hit an exception when I try to play. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

See below:

EntryPointNotFoundException: SF_Init
Scaleform.SFManager..ctor (Scaleform.SFInitParams initParams) (at Assets/Plugins/SF/SFManager.cs:154)
SFCamera.Start () (at Assets/Plugins/SF/SFCamera.cs:70)
MyCamera+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/Scripts/Scaleform/MyCamera.cs:33)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
am964
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Joey-

Thanks for trying out the Scaleform-Unity Integration. It appears that your error is due to the dll not being able to load.

Here's what you can do to solve this issue:

Some of you might get a “dllnotfound” exception while running the HelloWorldDemo.
We have identified that this exception is caused due to a missing dll that is on the dependency list of libgfxunity.dll. You can use the following tool:

http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php
to view the dependency tree of our dll.

If you get the “dll not found” exception, it is likely that d3dx9_43.dll is missing on the target computer, which is causing the main integration dll to not load.
You should be able to rectify this problem by just downloading the latest DirectX runtime.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Thanks!
Ankur
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Ankur.

Unfortunately, I am trying to run the demo on Unity for Mac. Is that possible?
Message 4 of 11
am964

Hi Joey-

The Mac version of the Unity integration is not available just yet, but should be out in a couple of weeks. We do have an integration for iOS though.

Thanks,
Ankur
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Uuuuh, yeah. I got it to work on Windows, for windows deployment. However, when I boot in OSX to explore the IOS and Android Unity projects all I get is a console full of broken references after importing the packages. It doesn't say anything about a missing .dll.

What are OSX users missing?

ok Android is working, didn't have the build setting right. but IOS still doesn't work. but the errors show up after hitting play in the editor. see second screen shot

Message 6 of 11
am964

Hello!

Glad the PC and Android packages are working. Set up on iOS is a bit more complicated. Please watch the getting started video:

Plugin for iOS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMnYhrzrCc

Thanks,
Ankur
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Do you have any update on the ETA for this to work on Mac OS? My 40 day trial is almost up, and I'd like to actually try the product before it expires.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

same here. I guess I'll just have to re-register at that time... Unity isn't really supported if the Unity Editor isn't; Editor is the reason Unity is usable in the first place.
Message 9 of 11
am964

Hello-

We are working on a Mac port for the Unity Integration, so you can try out your content on the Unity editor running on a Mac before launching on an iOS device. the Mac port should be out in a couple of weeks. We will be happy to extend your iOS evals at that point, so no worries about that 🙂

Thanks!
-Ankur
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: am964

Regardless of whether you're treating Unity for Mac and Unity for iOS as separately licensed platforms, will we be able to test in-editor for iOS once it's available or will we always need to test on the device only with an iOS license (if we don't have a Unity for Mac license too)? I can't stress enough how important it is to be able to test in-editor even when the ultimate goal is an iOS game.
Message 11 of 11
am964

Hello-

Great question. We will provide a debug version of the integration for the Mac, so you can test your content on the Mac before pushing it on the iOS device.

We understand that supporting Unity for Mac is important for iOS developers and will get out a Mac version as soon as possible.

-Ankur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report