Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto rotation on iPad?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ramspeed25
504 Views, 5 Replies

Auto rotation on iPad?

I'm having trouble locating documentation for auto-rotation on iOS. Per Content Development on your Advantages page:

Scaleform supports ActionScript APIs for handling touch and gesture events, saving and loading to device, sound playback, and device events like wake, sleep, and orientation change.

I'm not finding any information on this.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I've not done anything with orientation changes in AS myself yet, but one way to handle this could be to catch the orientation change on the Unity side, you could do thi by watching the Screen.orientation value, or watching the screen size with Screen.width, and Screen.height.

When you detect a change in orientation, you then Invoke a method in your movie that can re-initialize and reposition anything that needs to respond to the new resolution.

Message 3 of 6
RichMC
in reply to: ramspeed25

If you are still having issues, reply and I will forward post to development.

Richard Mc
Autodesk Gameware
Scaleform Division
Message 4 of 6
ramspeed25
in reply to: RichMC

Is there a way to tell scaleform to rotate the entire screen upon ios orientation changes? I've got a lot of movieclips - turning them all is not so good.

Message 5 of 6
ramspeed25
in reply to: RichMC

Hi, Richard, yes please ask development for me. Thank you
Message 6 of 6
ramspeed25
in reply to: ramspeed25

Nevermind. It started working on the iPad. I must have changed a setting in Unity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report