Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Texture Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
514 Views, 4 Replies

Android Texture Issue

We're having an issue with our unity project on Android Devices that only appears when scaleform is used.

I'd struggle to describe what is actually happening so here's a couple of images. This issue does not occur on iOS devices or in the editor.

My one idea so far was to attempt to render the scaleform ui using a different camera, as the entire scene is currently rendered using a single camera, this did not seem to make an difference unfortunately.

Any ideas at all?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
adam.petrone
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Andy,

We are aware of some Android graphics issues. Here are a couple things to try.

1. Enable "Development Build" in Unity's player settings. This isn't a long term solution, but we've seen some issues disappear after enabling it.

2. Likewise, try Disabling "Static Batching". This may resolve the issues for now and may yield a longer term solution than #1.

3. Android drivers vary greatly -- what device are you running this on? Do you have other devices to test on which may narrow this down to a certain GPU vendor?

4. Is this with the latest March build? There were some adjustments in the March build to help alleviate some of these issues.

Thanks,

Adam

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: adam.petrone

Hi Adam, thank for your reply.

I have tested all 3/4 steps you suggested to no avail, I am in the process of aquiring more devices in addition to the Kindle Fire and Samsung S4 we have been using so far.

Message 4 of 5
adam.petrone
in reply to: Anonymous

If nothing has worked short of changing devices, the issue is tricky to solve at this point. I was hoping there was an easier fix.

If possible, consider sending in a reproduction case -- we may find a workaround.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: adam.petrone

reprodunction case was sent to autodesk a few days ago, for the knowledge of others without access to the private message 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report