Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D transformations break movieclip children transforms on newer Android

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
293 Views, 1 Reply

3D transformations break movieclip children transforms on newer Android

I know this seems quite a specific use case, but I've been using 3D transforms with no issue up until building for Android 4.4.2 on a Galaxy S5. I've also had the issue on a Nexus 5. 

If you set movieclip.z, movieclip.rotationX, or movieclip.rotationZ, any child transforms of movieclip will be stretched and scaled to match movieclip's boundingbox. 

I've attached a swf and fla that demonstrates the issue, if you build it to a newer Android device. 

Here's a screenshot from my s5 showing what happens. The problem should be fairly self-explanatory. All 3 movieclips are instances of the same.

Screenshot_2014-07-01-01-19-33[1].png

Took the time to make all these examples so I really hope you guys can get a fix for me. 

Thanks,

-OPtoss

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RichMC
in reply to: Anonymous

From Unity Development:

Hello,

This might be an issue on newer Android devices targeting OpenGL ES 3.0. You can try to force OpenGL ES 2.0 in Unity settings to see if that fixes it.

Thank you for the sample. We’ll need to take a look at this internally.

Richard Mc
Autodesk Gameware
Scaleform Division

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report