Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone arm64 support

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
Anonymous
1839 Views, 40 Replies

iPhone arm64 support

Does Scaleform support this? Which version onwards supports it if so?

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is suddenly a really big issue since I believe iTunnes Connect started recently to require an arm64 binary in the package.

Any words on this?

Message 3 of 41
dani_mrquez

As far as I know (or try) is not supported. I updated the fmod (fmod ex) library to a newer version (the arm64 arch is not supported in the current provided version), but the wrapper implementation is not compatible with the newer one (the API has changed).

I'm pretty sure other problems may arise apart from the sound library (there are other 3rd party libraries, and of course, the scaleform core itself), but that is the first issue I encountered. And as you say, right now, is a really big issue.

...any words?

Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: dani_mrquez

Any update on if arm64 is actually required. From what I read in this thread, it seems like it was an iTunesConnect bug http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/50991-resolved-appleios-app-submission-errors/. Have an app that we are hoping to submit soon. 

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous

Looks like the deadline for Scaleform to update to 64bit is by Feb 1st: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10202014a

It has been over a year since the last Scaleform Mobile SDK update. Is this thing still in development? Will there be an update this year?

Message 6 of 41
Anonymous

Hi Frank!

Actually, we are compiling our project with “Standard architectures”, as Apple suggest in his anounce: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10202014a

We have some another problems (for example, in iPhone5 we see the app at iPhone4 size... ¿?), but we can compile the project.

Captura de pantalla 2014-11-04 a las 17.34.09.jpg

So, ¿Scaleform support this requeriment by now, or I'm wrong?

PS: Sometimes I feel like one of the three unique humans in our world developing with Scaleform for mobile...

Message 7 of 41
Anonymous

By the way, I'm compiling under Yosemite with xCode 6.

Message 8 of 41
Anonymous

The way I understand this, the actual binary that is used is an intersection of "Architectures" and "Valid Architectures". In your case, only "armv7" is in both, so only armv7 would be built. In order to support arm64, your "Valid Architectures" would need to say "armv7 arm64". Unfortunately, with Scaleform, this will cause it not to build. It specifically fails to compile in SF_SIMD_ARMNeon.h for me.

Also your Base SDK needs to say "Latest iOS (iOS 8.1)" or 8.0 if you have that.

From what I understand, it is really just up to Autodesk to add arm64 support. It has been 15 months since the last Scaleform Mobile SDK update, so I definitely think an update is overdue.

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I'm surprised no one from Scaleform has responded yet, I suppose they don't check this forum. Here's the response I got from them recently in a ticket I raised with their support.

Hi Jonathan,

We have a 4.4.29 release coming up late this month that will support Xcode 6 and arm64. 4.4.28 came out in April, and does not support those.

and after asking for a more accurate date...

Hi Jonathan,

We hope to have 4.4.29 out in the next week or so I believe.

(and yes I do feel like one of the few humans in the world developing on their mobile SDK)

Jon

Message 10 of 41
Anonymous

I am really happy to read this! 🙂 Thank you for sharing this information with all of us, Jon!!!

Thanks to FrankFloor84 too, who always been very friendly answering a lot of our rookie doubts 😉

Scaleform is one of the most impressive tools for mobile development with which I worked. His performance is spectacular, and attached to the power that has native Flash development, makes Scaleform has no rival. Congratulations to the development team.

The only weak point is that the official support via this forum is not very active, and configuration documentation on the different platforms is not very up to date and is a bit sparse.

I am convinced that with a little investment in marketing this tool would be able to win a really important niche market.

Knowing that Scaleform will be updated to compile on arm64 is the best news I could receive today. Thanks again, guys!!!

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous

Another update:

Hi Jonathan,

We're currently targeting the end of the month for our 4.4.29 release.

Please check back with us next week if you need a progress update, and I'll see how our packaging and testing is going.

Thanks,

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous

Too many thanks for this info, Jon!!!

I really appreciate that you keep us informed of any news 🙂

Message 13 of 41
fiveforty

any news on this yet??

Message 14 of 41
fiveforty
in reply to: fiveforty

needing to support arm64 is less than a month away now, does anyone know when the update to 4.4.29 is going to be released??

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous

I think there's many many people using Scaleform, just that they may not be aware of the impending doom in the iOS submition.

Still no word about this? Will we need to change stuff in the Unity wrapper too? Less than a month, and clients not being too happy.

Message 16 of 41
fiveforty

still no news???

just over too weeks left!!!!

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous

Okay guys, this seriously isn't funny anymore.

Relying on 3rd party tech is terrifying as it is, but this lack of communication on an important update that PREVENTS SCALEFORM FROM BECOMING UNNUSABLE is highly disconcerning. 

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous

For whatever reason I don't think you'll get replies from them here. You're more likely to get a response of some kind by making support tickets.

Scaleform 4.4.29 is out though and you can build arm64 libs with it.

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous

They've left responses before, and you'd think they'd be more likely to keep everyone updated here isntead of replying to every single report, but alas...

Commerical Scaleform?  Isn't that thousands of dollars?

Message 20 of 41
fiveforty

@Anonymous wrote:

Scaleform 4.4.29 is out though and you can build arm64 libs with it.

can you please tell me where the mobile sdk 4.4.29 is available??

on the downloads page it is 4.2, the release notes state that the last update was August 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report