Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash.swf on device is different from iOS simulator

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sanderke
647 Views, 3 Replies

flash.swf on device is different from iOS simulator

If I replace the flash.swf in Projects/iPhone/Xcode4/GFx 4.2 FxPlayerTiny/with another flash.swf, this swffile is played correctly on the iOS Simulator but if I test it on a device all I see is the bouncing fish file, even after I complete erased this fishy file from my system.

Is testing a swf-file on a device a limitation of the evaluation copy or do I miss something?

(BTW I am currently evaluating Scaleform as an alternative to Adobe Air for iOS and a complete noob regarding XCode.)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adam.petrone
in reply to: sanderke

This may not be related to Scaleform at all, however --

Are you positive your flash.swf is being copied to the bundle? Have you performed a clean, then build and run after replacing with your swf?

This forces Xcode to re-package the bundle.

Message 3 of 4
sanderke

Ah, the 'clean' bit solved my problem. I simply followed all the steps in this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8cLlC59l1w but there was nothing mentioned about 'cleaning' after replacing the flash.swf...

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
DrNeroCF

Just for future reference, Xcode doesn't seem to delete files if you've deleted them from the project, but deleting the App from your phone and reinstalling fixes everything.

I've had a few swfs not replace properly on the phone before, cleaning usually works, but if things just aren't behaving and you're pulling your hair out, just delete the App and do a Clean just to make sure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report