Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoundTransform volume has no effect

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
528 Views, 6 Replies

SoundTransform volume has no effect

We have FX_ENABLE_SOUND and FX_SOUND_FMOD defined for iOS. Our current method for muting/unmuting sounds works in the FlashPlayer but does not work on a device.

// mute - no effect on device, soundTransform.volume is correctly 0, but volume still at 100%

_musicChannel.soundTransform = new SoundTransform(0, 0);

// unmute

_musicChannel.soundTransform = new SoundTransform(1, 0);

We have also tried saving the position, stopping the SoundChannel, and playing a new sound with the desired volume, but it seems like volume is always ignored. This all works on the PC. Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We are also having an issue fading sounds in and out using SoundTransform.  Is there a work around?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

To be more specific, volume can be set when playing a new sound using the SoundTransform parameter of the play() function.  However, if the sound is already playing, then there is no way to change the volume using the .soundTransform property.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Bump.

Anyone had this issue and worked around it?  Our game really depends on the ability to fade music in and out.  This is our last major bug before we can ship and can't seem to figure out a work around.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 7
dani_mrquez

Did you manage to work around it?

I think I'm going to try it with ExternalInterface + SoundEvent

Message 6 of 7
dani_mrquez
in reply to: dani_mrquez

Okay it was my fault after all. I was setting the volume and panning one after another. Something like this:

// set the volume
channel.soundTransform = new SoundTransform( newVolume, channel.soundTrasform.pan );

//set the pan
channel.soundTransform = new SoundTransform( channel.soundTrasform.volume, newPan );

(I know it's a little bit silly not doing both at the same time. Besides this is a simplification, there were some encapsulations that didn't let me do both at the same time)

And when the second instruction was executed, the changes of the first weren't completed yet.

Message 7 of 7
RichMC
in reply to: dani_mrquez

Any addtional help I can provide please let me know.

Richard Mc
Autodesk Gameware
Scaleform Division

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report