Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 4.3 Release Date?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
819 Views, 9 Replies

SDK 4.3 Release Date?

We are currently trying to use a 3rd party multiplayer actionscript SDK that requires using URLRequest.method. The Scaleform online documentation shows that this will be supported in version 4.3 (http://gameware.autodesk.com/documents/sf_4.3_flash_support.pdf). Is there any expected timeline in which this version may become available?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update please? 4.2 doesn't seem to play nice with Mavericks or Xcode 5 (especially 5.1).
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

It has been 8 months since the last update and I am wondering if 4.3 is still in development. Is there any way to get access to a beta for it?

Message 4 of 10
adam.petrone

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for for Scaleform Unity built against Scaleform 4.3.

We are aware there are features in 4.3 that would be nice to have from Unity.

What specific issues are you seeing with Xcode 5.1 and Mavericks?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: adam.petrone

Hey Adam, the main issue we are trying to solve is the 40fps issue that we discussed at the bottom of this thread (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Scaleform-Mobile-Development/Building-with-Xcode-5-1/td-p/4879776), which happens with the iOS SDK (not the Unity one). We have a couple of completed projects that are on hold until this issue is fixed.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Gameware is up to release 4.4 and we're still begging for an update for over a year? 

You know, I don't see anywhere on the consumer-facing site that those of us who purchase the software will have to wait a year or more, or never get the latest version with fixes and upgrades. No where on the site does it say this.

I honestly do not understand Autodesk's business model here. Why treat your customers this way? What possible advantage can there be to holding back releases after the work has been done?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I keep poking my my head back in here, hoping for some good news, or at least an explaination, but the Mobile SDK is still a mess and 2 major versions behind, there's not really any way I can shift focus to getting my games out on mobile with any sort of confidence.

I'd like to think that some releases would make for some good publicity, but I need to know that the Mobile SDK of ScaleForm has any sort of priority at Autodesk whatsoever.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

This, according to Gameware Support:

We’re focusing on a stable 4.2 release for these packages, and will not be creating 4.3 or 4.4 versions of the consumer mobile distributions.

I take this as a signal from Autodesk that they will eventually be dropping the consumer version. If they don't provide updates or paid upgrades, then it is by definition a dead product.

If anyone from Autodesk is reading these, then please reconsider your position on this. This is just weird behavior from such a large company with such a long history.

Message 9 of 10
thamerm

We are working on updates to the commercial versions of Scaleform 4.3 and 4.4 and hope to have those completed next month.  Once those are done, we should be able to update the consumer version as well, usually a few weeks after.  The consumer version will be updated to the latest stable version we have at that time (likely SF 4.4).

Thanks for your patience

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: thamerm

That's great news! Thanks for listening and responding. I look forward to those releases later this year.

I can imagine that the dev team at Gameware would like to be able to concentrate efforts on a single release instead of having to juggle multiple releases. It would allow the team to offer stable releases more quickly, and less fragmentation would make issue tracking, bug fixes, and beta testing a lot easier. I hope that is the direction that management will allow you to go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report