Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native extensions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
piotrO82
373 Views, 7 Replies

Native extensions

Is there a way to use native extensions in mobile SDK like In-App-Purchase, Gyroscope etc?

-Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
miguelSantirso
in reply to: piotrO82

Scaleform apps run "embedded" en native application so you don't need to use native extensions; you can directly use native code and then communicate with your game.
Message 3 of 8
piotrO82

So you get the full source code with mobile SDK?
Message 4 of 8
miguelSantirso

Don't think so, but you use native code to initialize the Scaleform player and load your .swf files. Then, it's easy to communicate between the ActionScript code and the native code of your application.
Message 5 of 8
THEBIGGERDESIGN

I'm somewhat fuzzy on what is being asked here, so I'd like to re-phrase and ask again if you don't mind. I'm building a pure Actionscript game- are we able to use the Camera, Camera Roll, Gyroscope, Game Center, Accelerometer, etc. with pure Actionscript code, or must we figure out some ObjectiveC code to make them talk together?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I"m also trying to use the Flash accelerometer support, but it just doesn't run on the device - it breaks all the code actually and nothing happens when accelerometer class is added to the game.

I can't find anything about this on the documentation. Any ideas?

-- update 1
I've just tried the Gyroscope native extension for Flash CS6 and the same thing happened. I'm trying to upgrade the SDK that was just released today to see if it will fix this.

-- update 2
I've installed the new SDK update and accelerometer still doesn't work on the device.
Message 7 of 8
MatthewDoyleArt

Hi everyone,

Currently, Scaleform only supports some basic device events like sleep, wake, and orientation change, and we have built in Game Center integration. But we do not currently read accelerometer events, camera, or gyroscope events. We could build extensions for those though, or you, the customer could do so in native code.

At present, my best answer to this issue would be for those of you who are interested in Scaleform building these extensions in would be to let us know about it on UserVoice here:

http://scaleformautodesk.uservoice.com/forums/168290-ios-android-development

Start a new topic specific to this feature request. Thanks!

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums