Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multitouch for android

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Sedition
572 Views, 3 Replies

Multitouch for android

Hi,

How do people solve multitouch issues? I have been trying a very simple test of the touch events on my ASUS Transformer tablet, running Android 4.1.1: TouchExample2.as on this page

I even tried modifying the code to get rid of most the extraneous items - currently, I am only updating the textfield when a TouchEvent occurs - I've commented out the stuff about creating new labels/circles, which was causing the player to crash.

This is what happens:

1. I touch the screen with one finger - 1 touch event is registered
  2. Without removing that finger, I touch the screen with another finger. NO effect
  3. I REMOVE my first finger from the screen. The textfield now says there are 0 Touch Points.
  4. I REMOVE my second finger from the screen. The textfield still says there are 0 Touch Points

Alternatively:

2. Without removing that finger, I touch the screen with another finger. NO effect
  3. I REMOVE my second finger from the screen. 1 Touch Point is still being registered
  4. I REMOVE my first finger from the screen. No touch points are registered.

But:

3. I REMOVE my first finger from the screen. The textfield now says there are 0 Touch Points onscreen.
  4. I touch the screen with one finger - NOW 2 touch Points are registered
  5. I REMOVE my first finger from the screen. The textfield now says there are 0 Touch Points onscreen.
  6. If I touch again with my first finger, it says there are 2 Touch Points onscreen again. If I THEN remove my 2nd finger, before removing the first, it still says there is 1 Touch Point onscreen, though I'm not touching it.

It continues in this fashion if I touch up to five times (that's the Multitouch.maxTouchPoints for this tablet).

So is there a workaround? It's too broken to use at present. Is this a known issue?

A second issue (which has been mentioned on this forum before - here ) is that if using MouseEvents in AS3, the mouseX and mouseY are not updated if you do the following:

1. Touch the screen with one finger and hold
  2. Observe mouseX and mouseY
  3. touch the screen with a second finger and hold - mouseX/Y remains where the first finger is touching
  4. remove the first finger from the screen. MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP is not triggered, but nor does the mouseX/Y update to the location of the 2nd finger.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
takopus
in reply to: Sedition

Different, but kinda same problems here.

I'm using exactly the same sample code (which, by the way, works well if project is published with AIR runtime). After the first touch, application register it. Second touch is not registered. If I release the screen, application says there's no points registered, and if I touch the screen again, application crashes. If I try to profile this using AmpClient, application crashes the moment I touch the screen for the first time.

I'm using SDK 4.2.24. Tested on two devices: Google Nexus 7 (first gen, Android 4.4.3) and Sony Xperia Tablet Z. Results are the same.

The way I see it, multitouch doesnt seem to work now on Android.

Message 3 of 4
takopus
in reply to: takopus

Update: with Scaleform 4.4 same test multitouch application looks this way:

* while tested with FxPlayerMobile it registers touches and tracks their coordinates. However in about 1-2 seconds after first touch application closes with error;

* compiled info APK with ShippingPlayer it doesn't crash and registers touches. However x-coordinate of each touch is 0, y is something strange, it doesn't register touch release (i.e. application thinks I still touching the screen) and coordinates updates only on touch, not on finger moving.

I will test it on other devices, but given the simplest sample application and it's behavior on my Nexus 7 it seems multitouch still way from working.

Message 4 of 4
thamerm
in reply to: takopus

Thanks for letting us know.  We don't see the problem when we build with r9d, but we are seeing the problem with an r10d build of our libraries.  We are investigating further and hope to have a fix soon.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report