Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading External Images and XML

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
THEBIGGERDESIGN
328 Views, 1 Reply

Loading External Images and XML

It looks like you can load local XML files, but not XML on remote servers just yet, though from what I've read it looks to be in the works. Can anyone speak to this? Additionally, what about loading images from an external site as well? I can do it just fine with Flash, but I get an error when I use the Scaleform player. Is this in the works as well?

Thanks!
Bryce
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Bryce,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was in Shanghai on business last week. Scaleform does not currently support sockets for networking, so loading an XML file from a server in this way is not something you'll be able to do. We do support GameCenter however. If you would like to see this kind of support in a future build though, please let us know by going here: http://scaleformautodesk.uservoice.com/forums/168290-ios-android-development

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report