Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's hard to get an example running on iOs...

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
mike-enfoca
2305 Views, 15 Replies

It's hard to get an example running on iOs...

Hi to all!!

In our compañy we has been developed flash projects since several years ago. We have high level in AS2 and AS3, and we are evaluating Scaleform to enter in the mobile world.

But I have found some details that makes me worry about if Scaleform is our best alternative. These question are open to anyone, staff or Scaleform developers:

My mate and me can't get compiled any example under MAC for iOs.(Both computer tech engineers with 10 year of experience developing software under C++, PHP, AS2/AS3, Javascritp, Magento, Wordpress, and even little things on Unity).

I find slightly deprecated documentation, speaking about Xcode4, Snow Leopard, etc... No references to gcc are missing in XCode5 or higher...

I have found some threads are very importants, but it hasn't been answered by no one. Like this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Scaleform-Mobile-Development/When-can-we-expect-an-update-to-the-mobil...

Well, we are now trying install Xcode 4.5 and test if we can compile the examples. Until now, with Xcode 5.3, we only get the error: "Forward declaration of class cannot have a nested name specified". We will continue praying or waiting if anyone tell us any advice. We feel really lost...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Knowledge is power, France is bacon
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
FrankFloor84
in reply to: mike-enfoca

Hey mike, yeah the documentation is definitely a bit outdated =p I will say that there is hope though. I currently have several iOS projects going with Xcode 5.1.1 and OS X 10.8.5. As far as gcc, you now need to do a make with clang: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Scaleform-Mobile-Development/make-Makefile-not-working-on-Mavericks-wi... .

This will build all the libraries you specifically need

make P=iPhone+clang/armv7 C=Debug+NoRTTI

make P=iPhone+clang/armv7 C=DebugOpt+NoRTTI

make P=iPhone+clang/armv7 C=Release+NoRTTI

make P=iPhone+clang/armv7 C=Shipping+NoRTTI

You will also need to modify your Library Search Paths to take clang into account.

"$(HOME)/$(SDKFOLDER)/Lib/iPhone-armv7/clang/${CONFIGURATION}"/**
"$(HOME)/$(SDKFOLDER)/Lib/iPhone-armv7/clang"
"$(HOME)/$(SDKFOLDER)/3rdParty/fmod/iPhone/lib"

In the User-Defined section at the bottom I declared
SDKFOLDER scaleform_4.2_ios_estore

I did this and modified all the include paths as well so that I could keep my projects outside of the default location where scaleform puts them, but that's optional.

Best of luck and post often.

Message 3 of 16
mike-enfoca

I get a compiled project with Scaleform and cLang with your indications. I get it by termial and the ".def" file created by Deployer.app

I added the Library Search Paths and User-Denifed rule that you posted, but we still get the same error message when I try to compile the Xcode project:

"Forward declaration of class cannot have a nested name specified".

In the forum, an employee told you that updating the version of Scaleform fix it, but I have the latest version of Scaleform... 2.4 acording to readme.red

I add some screenshots... am I doing something wrong??

A very big thanks for your kind help!!!!! ^_^

My system and tests:

- OS X Mavericks 10.9.3

- Scaleform 4.2.24

- Xcode 5.1.1

- Exaples tested:

· Official: example & StarforceTD 

· Owns: Flash CS6 - basics AS2 & AS3.

Message 4 of 16
FrankFloor84

It looks like in your case SDKFOLDER should be defined as "scaleform_4.2.24_iphone_consumer" since that's where the sdk is installed

Also, comment out this line in Platform_IPhone_GL.h

class Scaleform::Platform::DeviceImpl;

Message 5 of 16
mike-enfoca

Hi FrankFloor84, thanks again for your help!!
I still haven't have good luck. I think I am some steps forwards, but the project don't works:

1.- I've done the route correction: "scaleform_4.2.24_iphone_consumer".
2.- Same error: "Forward declaration of class cannot have a nested name specified".
3.- I've commented out this line in Platform_IPhone_GL.h: 

4.- Then, whan I try to compile again I get 201 erros... ´-_-` (screenshot attached)

Also, I 've done one correction. Please, give me your opinion:
» I think we have a mistype in the library path search. So I've change: "$(HOME)/$(SDKFOLDER)/Lib/iPhone-armv7/clang/${CONFIGURATION}"/** to "$(HOME)/$(SDKFOLDER)/Lib/iPhone-armv7/clang/${CONFIGURATION}/" But it doesn't matter, I think that compilations errors makes the compilation don't arrive to this point...

I'll try any suggestions you can offer me.

Well, FrankFloor84, I am very sad and lost in all this. You are my last hope. I owe you a beer!!

Message 6 of 16
mike-enfoca

Btw, here is the screenshot with the errors details.

I hope this screen may give a clue to someone...

Errors_Xcode5.jpg

Message 7 of 16
FrankFloor84

in Other C Flags make sure the following are defined for each configuration

-DGFX_ENABLE_SOUND

-DGFX_SOUND_FMOD

Also your Linker Flags should look like this

-lgfx -lgfxrender_gl -lgfx_as2 -lgfx_as3 -lgfxplatform -lgfxexpat -lgfxsound_fmod -lfmodexL_iphoneos -lexpat -lpng -lpcre -ljpeg -lz -all_load -ObjC

Message 8 of 16
mike-enfoca

Hi Frank!! Thanks again for you help!

I edited the "Other Linker Flags" how you indicated. Before were empty.

But I think that de "Other C Flags" are not correct...is this the correct sintax? 

Message 9 of 16
FrankFloor84

Mine actually look like this. Don't use the -DFXSMP_NO_CLEAR flag, as it was just an optimization for this particular project.
Message 10 of 16
mike-enfoca

Thank you very much again!
But I have no luck...

I'm thinking it may be due to an unfortunate combination of my version of Xcode and my version of Scaleform.

I use Mavericks, Xcode 5.1.1 and Scaleform 4.2.24 free version (the only version currently available for download).

I have read that there are people using sf_4.3.26_ios_armv7_eval package.
Where I can download this version?
Did this version is only available for licensed users?
What version are you using?

What is your exact version of Xcode?

Thank you very much for listening, Frank!

Message 11 of 16
FrankFloor84

Mac OS 10.8.5 (doubt this difference matters)

Xcode 5.1.1 (5B1008)
Scaleform 4.2.24

I downloaded my scaleform from the same download page you do. I just have a full license key, so I believe that everything should be the same.

I have seen people reference the sf_4.3.26_ios_armv7_eval package, but I have no clue how to get a hold of that. I know the Unity plugin operates on a little higher version, so maybe that's what it is. 

Message 12 of 16
FrankFloor84
in reply to: FrankFloor84

Looks like we just got this issue resolved. From what I can tell, you cannot build simulator builds with Scaleform or they require an extra amount of work to setup since they need to link to the i386 libraries instead of the armv7 ones. Once we got the library/include paths setup, this worked as a device build. Anyone had any luck with making a simulator build?

Message 13 of 16
DrNeroCF

I could never get the def file that I made working, but using the example one worked fine.

I don't think XCode 5.1.1 works, I had to downgrade to 5.1.

Come on, Autodesk, the SDK is a mess right now and doesn't work with the most recent software releases.  I'd like to start releasing Flash games on mobile, but you've really got me worried.

Message 14 of 16
-Aymeric-
in reply to: DrNeroCF

Hey guys, just jumped into Scaleform myself and obviously I got some configurations issues!

I'm trying to launch the StarforceTD example.

I commented the

Added clang to compile: make P=iPhone+clang/armv7 C=Release+NoRTTI

But when building with Xcode 6.1.1 and Yosemite I got several errors:

Unsupported compiler 'com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42' selected for architecture 'armv7'
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/Aymeric/scaleform_4.2.24_iphone_consumer/Apps/Samples/Common/FxSharedObjectManager.cpp of type sourcecode.cpp.cpp.
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/Aymeric/scaleform_4.2.24_iphone_consumer/Src/Platform/iPhone/FxOnlineGameSystem.mm of type sourcecode.cpp.objcpp.
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/Aymeric/scaleform_4.2.24_iphone_consumer/Src/Platform/Platform_IPhone_GL.mm of type sourcecode.cpp.objcpp.
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/Aymeric/scaleform_4.2.24_iphone_consumer/Apps/Samples/Common/FxRenderThread.cpp of type sourcecode.cpp.cpp.
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/Aymeric/scaleform_4.2.24_iphone_consumer/LocalApps/StarforceTD/FxShippingPlayer.cpp of type sourcecode.cpp.cpp.

Please have a look on the picture in attachment.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Message 15 of 16
-Aymeric-
in reply to: -Aymeric-

Ok, fixed: In Build Options for Compiler for C/C++/Objective-C I had Unsupported Compiler... if I change to Default compiler, it works fine.

Message 16 of 16
DrNeroCF
in reply to: -Aymeric-

Anyone try the new SDK release yet?  Has all the compile problems been addressed?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report