Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS3 Class library set up and compiling base class issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
355 Views, 0 Replies

AS3 Class library set up and compiling base class issues

My Unreal scaleform project has several flash files that build out unique .swf files and use common custom AS3 base classes for their symbols. These base classes are used as is for some symbols, and extended for others.

My issue is that as I'm working with different flash files, these base classes do not seem to consistently update with code changes I make until certain other flash files are published first. For instance, I will add a trace to the constructor of my BaseContainer class, but it will not show up until I rebuild a seemingly arbitrary flash file that also uses BaseContainer.

I was reading from this forum post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Scaleform-Unity-Development/How-to-have-a-single-swf-for-all-the-code/...

that the best way to ensure all classes are up to date is to to have a single flash file with references to every class we will be using.

Is this the only way to gurantee the base classes are updated with flash? and if so, would every class we use have to be built into this .swc?

I like having my as3 files able to be modified individually so that multiple people can work on them at once, but because these base classes won't always get recompiled from flash our workflow is getting slowed down by not knowing if flash is using our most up to date files.

Also are there any instructions for setting up flashdevelop with the scaleform launcher and possibly building .swc out using the .as3proj?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report