Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unusual reinforcement in beams & column

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Opel5
363 Views, 2 Replies

unusual reinforcement in beams & column

Good Morning,

I have noticed roof beam 16, roof beam 52, central column 56 (screenshots for illustration of locations attached) have rather odd reinforcement allocations. They seem to be MUCH less than what they should be. Link to zipped RTD file attached. Can anyone spot what is the common cause (if there is one) for the discrepancy? The load combinations seems to be applied correctly and it looks like the model is including the self weight for all elements. There doesn't seem to be any nodal supports at "bar" ends either to explain the odd calculated reinforcement values.

https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=IYFLXTRSJYGEQKP

Many Thanks,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Opel5
in reply to: Opel5

has anyone else had symptoms of unusually low beam/column reinforcement allocations? I can swap around the bars for FE shell elements of equivalent size but I assumed the software would sort out bar reinforcement seamlessly.

Message 3 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Opel5

Beam 16:

- as far as I can see wall panel is not recognized as a support for design so the trick is to add dummy support in node 551 with very low KZ spring.

(My envelope from combinations 4 5 on the left)

16_1.jpg

My diagram it the same in RC module :

16_2.jpg

Results with your settings:

16_3.jpg

Results with different settings:

16_4.jpg

So, as you can see the reinforcement generated in this beam in a minimum reinforcement.

If you think that ther is an error please attach us your calculations or any other proof.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report