Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
227 Views, 2 Replies

strange moment

hi guys,

I have a slab one-way structure, where the steel beam support the slab, but I think, I get a strange moment for the beams that shown in attached picture. I think the shown beams should have a bigger than the edge beam, but it looks on the contrary. I have also attached the model. Any help appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Your expectations are correct if you, for example, consider all beams of the same section (the same stiffeness)

resforhea220.jpg 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 3
t.sautierr
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

in addtition to Rafal's comment, it is linked to the relative rigidity of the different element (pannels and bars).

See this model, load case 2, I change the rigidity of your slab to something like bubble gum -> tha slab behaves like cladding (that i put instead of pannels in the copied structure)

Actually in your model central bars is much less rigid than side bars -> the slab transfer some loads "from the middle" directly to the side beams as the central beam is quite flexible compared to the slab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report