Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slab required reinforcement

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
spspro
392 Views, 3 Replies

slab required reinforcement

Hello, I need help with calculating slab reinforcement.

I am calculating contour supported slab I get a strange required reinforcement

I mean there are a big amount of bottom reinforcement in the corners over supports.

I think it should not be so, because I choose calculation type "simple bending" maybe I do something wrong.

Any advice, please

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: spspro

Slab works in both directions and  that is based on the results (bending moments) you get from the static analysis of the model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
spspro
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

OK, I understand that, but

1. Moments in the plate corners are smaller than in the midpoint of the

slab, and the amount of reinforcement is bigger in corners.

2. And why the moments diagram shows negative moments in the corners of the slab, should not it be

like in edges, I mean the positive moments.

It is a little bit illogical the negative moments and big amount of reinforcement over supports.

Is there any to avoid it?

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: spspro

1. For W&A method you include Mxy which is 0 in the slab's center.

2. That is the numerical effect - you can ignore the results from the very corners of the slab and use the values from the centers of the surface elements at these locations instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report