Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slab reinforcement design with very high reinforcement (spikes)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
robo-bart
610 Views, 3 Replies

slab reinforcement design with very high reinforcement (spikes)

Hi everyone,

I am having difficulty as to how to explain why such very very high reinforcements is appearing as shown in this snapshot. As seen here, the spike is isolated.

Capture 56.PNG

This type of "spike" happens consistently with the models I worked on so there must be something I am consistently doing wrong or something in Robot that I will have to set to remove/avoid such occurences.

I greatly appreciate your advice on this.

Thanks,

Rico

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Could you attach the model please? Peas indicate the number of the panel to calculate the reinforcement for as well as the list of load cases you entered in the ULS and SLS fields.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

I have sent the models in a private message. Thanks Artur.

Message 4 of 4

We will investigate the  reason for this issue. For now I would suggest two solutions:

1. When in-plane forces can be neglected switch to the simple bending mode type of calculations

2. Otherwise assume in the node where there is such high value calculated the results that are similar to the values obtained for the adjoining elements.

reinf peeks workaround.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report