Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seismic load application?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ovedmata
809 Views, 3 Replies

seismic load application?

What's the best way to apply a seismic load or wind load to a 3D structure? I've modeled a 3 story buidling, with a non-recatungular geometry, and I'd like to know what the best way to apply the these loads are?

my wind/snow 2D/3D is greyed out.

Do I just apply the loads to every member, or  is there a faster way?

thanks,

Oved.

p.s. I keep trying to run a search on this forum and nothing happens. It doesn't work. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: ovedmata

The seismic load is generated automatically after you define seismic analysis cases. Depending on your model you can either define wind load case as loads applied to each of elements or use a cladding (surface) load with automatic distribution of loads to 'supporting' elements. The wind 2D/3D option is in fact based on the cladding load definition and is available for selected climatic codes.

In case of problems with the search option try to reload the forum site.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
ovedmata
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

"use a cladding (surface) load with automatic distribution of loads to 'supporting' elements"

Can you elaborate on this? Or is there  a suporting document for it?

Ive tried adding a cladding contour in the zy plane of the building and the zx, but It just doesn't feel right.

All help appreciated.

Thank you,

Oved

Message 4 of 4
ovedmata
in reply to: ovedmata

🙂 Nevermind. I got it.

Thank you!! 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report