Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seismic analysis and sub-structure

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
StefanoPasquini6790
316 Views, 2 Replies

seismic analysis and sub-structure

Hi everyone,

I'm designing a 6 storey steel building with two different towers, joined by a groud floor and two undergroud storeys for parking.
I need to have a global model to define, with wind load generator, the complex aerodynamic behaviour so, my question is: what happen in seismic analysis? The dynamic behaviour of the two towers is independent and I don't know if, with classical storey definition, I made some big mistake.

I think that the best way to manage this project is to separate the whole model in tree different sub-models and evaluate each part of the whole model separately.

When I run a new Analysis in saved sub-structure, they consider only the element and the loads present in the current substructure model, or exist some link with the main model?

What do you suggest to me to manage it.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

'only the element and the loads present in the current substructure model'.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Thank you Artur.

Best regards

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums