Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
saclovitzky
509 Views, 3 Replies

reinforcement maps

Hello ,

I'm just wondering how will I see graphically the extent of a particular "reinforcement areas"(especiallly those peak reinf. areas that covered only less than 1m x 1m area-see attached screen shot)?

Also, how can I limit reinforcement areas scale(see the same screenshot)?

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rsousa_
in reply to: saclovitzky

I've write this same solution some weeks ago. Maybe this is also what you need.

Goto scale tab, and change the user limits and division to get what you want. And before hitting apply change the scale type selection to "user-defined". Then hit apply and voilá!

Regards

Message 3 of 4
saclovitzky
in reply to: rsousa_

"I've write this same solution some weeks ago. Maybe this is also what you need.

Goto scale tab, and change the user limits and division to get what you want. And before hitting apply change the scale type selection to "user-defined". Then hit apply and voilá!"

@rsouza. Thank you very much for your reply above. Can you recommend values on "user limits" and "division" and scale values for "user defined". What I really wanted is; I do not want to see on the reinforcement maps reinforcement areas greater than 5,000mm2/m(I have values shown 7000 to 10000 mm2/m). Also, on the scale maps, I want the same limit as well(5000mm2/m). Again, thank you very much in advanced(I've tried to change the division,scaling etc. but to avail).

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
rsousa_
in reply to: saclovitzky

Normally I use the basic scale and I don't change division number, unless I do isolines with "real" reinforcement scales.

I don't known if I understand all that you wrote. If you don't want to see areas greater than 5000, you should put it in max value. Normally in the minimun value, I put 0 or .001. But in your case I think your min value is 7000, so you will see nothing. Maybe the minimun reinforced area is greater than your limit.... and you have checked that option in the reinforcement calculation parameter...

Another advice: I usually change the color of the map to values out of scale (upper limit) to black to see where the area is greater than the max defined for the map. Or else the values outside the map limits will have the same color, whether they are lower or greater. This could be dangerous. Be carefull!

I don't know if you understand all that I wrote, but maybe this advices can help you.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report