Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"lack of some section parameters"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jpn9
506 Views, 5 Replies

"lack of some section parameters"

I'm attempting to do steel frame design using RSA 2012. The calculation generates an error that says "Calculations have not been performed for members ( 1to31) due to lack of some section parameters". Can someone give me guidance into how I might solve this problem. Thanks

-James

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jpn9

What are the sections you assigned to these bars? Could you attach the compressed rtd file so that I could have a look at it please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
jpn9
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Absolutely. Most of my sections were TS2x2X.125 I believe. I have loaded these sections but it still says parameters are missing. Thanks for your prompt reply

-James

Message 4 of 6
jpn9
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Apologies. The last attached file had undefined sections. This attachment does not.

-JN

Message 5 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

The warning is caused by the design of the group with the search for best matching sections from DL, DLL and DLS double angles families. In the AISC 13.2 section database the values of Ix and d Iz are incorrectly set as 0s. We will address this issue but in the meantime use the DL, DLL and DLS sections from the AISC 13 database instead please. The way of declaring it in Job Preferences as well as the way of modifying the Sections in the group definition is shown on the attached picture. In addition I'm attaching the file with described above changes.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

As this issue has been addressed in SP3 it is enough to download and install it instead of using the workaround I proposed in my previous post. 

Mind to select the correct version of the SP (Professional or Standard version as well as 32 or 64-bit OS).

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=13140816

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report