Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

% masses cumulées > 100%

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
TraitCarré
330 Views, 9 Replies

% masses cumulées > 100%

Hello,

How is it possible to get % of cumulated masses > 100%?

Capture.JPG 

benoît

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Probably you have converted two times the same load case or you gave them a conversion coefficienr higher than 1.

Send file please.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 10

@StefanoPasquini6790 wrote:
Probably you have converted two times the same load case or you gave them a conversion coefficienr higher than 1.
I don't think so.

Send file please.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79282449/PASSERELLE%20PIETONNE%20PUBLIQUE_EC5%27.zip
values are different than the snapshot, but still >100%

Greetings

Message 4 of 10

I'm sorry for my delay, I've watched your model and I found some little mistake in modal analysis:

1) why do you select the sturm check? This option increase indefinitly the iteration of modal analysis and create an error in mode n. 53

2) in the load to mass conversion you must assign the conversiont to dynamic mass instead of global mass

3) why do you choose 438 modes?

4) why do you ignore density and convert the self weight???

I've erased your modal and I've made a new one, with ten modes I've 86% of mass eccitation with 0,015 dumping (as you did) and everything will go ok.

Now I'm working by my mobile and I can't send you the modified model. Tomorrow I will send you.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 5 of 10

@StefanoPasquini6790 wrote:
I'm sorry for my delay, I've watched your model and I found some little mistake in modal analysis:

1) why do you select the sturm check? This option increase indefinitly the iteration of modal analysis and create an error in mode n. 53
4) why do you ignore density and convert the self weight???
-> 1) & 4) : I did as the Autodesk Instructor told us to... self weight and permanent load are in the same case, that's why I do this way.

2) in the load to mass conversion you must assign the conversiont to dynamic mass instead of global mass
-> right
3) why do you choose 438 modes?
-> I choose 500 as a first test, but Robot could only calculate 438.

I've erased your modal and I've made a new one, with ten modes I've 86% of mass eccitation with 0,015 dumping (as you did) and everything will go ok.
-> damping = 0.015 is for footfall analysis according EC5. I normally try to reach 90% in all direction.

Now I'm working by my mobile and I can't send you the modified model. Tomorrow I will send you.
-> thanks for helping Smiley Happy. is it possible to send it in PM?
benoît

Greetings

Message 6 of 10

HI, 

here is the model (I made it in 2015, I don't know your Robot version!)

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2r3whx330f6pas/PASSERELLE%20PIETONNE%20PUBLIQUE_EC5_PasPro.rar

I've separated the self weight from the dead loads, I've erased your modal Analysis and made a new one, setted like this

modal.JPG

Only one problem...you will never have the 90% of mass eccitation in Y direction, there are the restraints that avoid it.

Hope I help you, greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 7 of 10

Hi,

thanks for the file. it works.

90% masse in y-direction are reached when you tick "Limits -> Inactive" and choose 251 modes.

thanhs for your help.

Could you please suppress the file in your dropbox (I did so with mine)?

best rgds

benoît

Message 8 of 10

Done Smiley Wink

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 9 of 10
t.sautierr
in reply to: TraitCarré

Could you re-attach your model because the first question wasn't ansewered and it scratches my curiosity 🙂 I'll look at it.

Normaly you can't have modal mass > total mass (maybe it is because of sturm verification and if the results are squarred then you loose the sign so ....)

Thx

Message 10 of 10
TraitCarré
in reply to: t.sautierr

Hi,

here it is : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79282449/PASSERELLE%20PIETONNE%20PUBLIQUE_EC5%27.zip

Thanks for giving me your feeling

rgds

benoît

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report