Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

masonry wals in Robot

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
achillesgr
7278 Views, 6 Replies

masonry wals in Robot

hi ,

is it posible to desighn masonry walls in robot?

i have concrete slabs with masonry walls . can i desighn this in robot?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: achillesgr

I am afraid not, 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Designing-a-Masonry-Wall/m-p/3235056/highlig...

Or in case of only FEM calculations you may apply reduction of the moment of inertia in panel thickness

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Orthotropic-Stiffness-Coefficients-Panel-Ins... 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
rspozito
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello.

I'm trying to perform a finite element analysis in structural walls , however , apply when loading the slab , the analysis shows only the cargar distribution into two beams. There would be the possibility of lancar the surface charge and distribute the same by the four walls that support the floor ?

Sorry my english... 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-

Olá.

Estou tentando realizar uma analise de elementos finitos em paredes estruturais, no entanto, quando aplico a carga na laje, a análise mostra somente a distribuição de cargar em duas vigas. Haveria a possibilidade de lancar a carga de superfície e distribuir a mesma pelas quatro alvenarias que dão suporte ao piso?

Message 4 of 7
Rafacascudo
in reply to: rspozito

Can you send the model?

Vc pode mandar o modelo?

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
rspozito
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Sent / Enviado

Message 6 of 7
Rafacascudo
in reply to: rspozito

That´s because you defined the orthotropy direction of the 4 walls in the Global X direction . For the walls that are on a YZ plane , this direction(Global X) is perpendicular to the wall plane.Those are the walls that show up no results at all!!

You should define the orthotropy direction on Global Z or automatic( it will respect the panel local axis , that in your case have the same the local XY axes directions in common , X on horizontal and Y on vertical direction)

Other than that you have overlapped panels (3 ,23 e 24 )

Isso está ocorrendo pq vc definiu a direção da ortotropia na dir. X global. Para as paredes que estão no plano YZ , esta direção (X global) está perpendiclar ao plano destas paredes. Essas são as paredes que não exibem nenhum resultado!!!

Vc deveria definir a direção da ortotropia na direção Z global ou automático(ela vai respeitar os eixos locais dos painéis , que no seu caso tem os mesmos eixos locais XY em comum , X na horizontal e Y na vertical)

Fora isso vc tem alguns paineis (3 ,23 e 24 )com overlap

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
rspozito
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thanks Rafacascudo, finally works....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report