Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinematic constraint definition error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
769 Views, 3 Replies

kinematic constraint definition error

Morning All!

I'm having some trouble with this building model. On clicking calculation, after a long long wait the error message comes up "kinematic constraint definition error". Snapshot is attached, along with the RTD file. I'm not sure if the RTD file saved correctly as it crashed out after this message. Three questions -

1) Does anyone know how to get around this error message or what is the problem with the model please?

2) What PC spec would anyone recommend for dealing with a building model like this? My PC is almost unusuable when trying to analyse it now, it either freezes for ages or crashes out. Rather exhasperating! I'm using a 2.4GHz Athlon LE-1620 with 3GB of ram at the moment.

3) Is it possible to convert the building model into a multi-storey model, without corrupting any of the model data? It would be useful in case I need to alter loadings or beam positions on the lower floors, without having to strip out the floors above!

The zipped RTD file was too big to add so I've had to use "HJSplit" to split the zip file into peices. To rebuild the file:

1) rename C0049b.zip.001.zip to C0049b.zip.001

2) rename C0049b.zip.002.zip to C0049b.zip.002

3) unzip HJSplit (attached).

4) Run HJSplit and use the "join" operation for the above 2 files.

Many thanks in advance for any expert advice 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Afternoon Artur,

I've deselected "kinematic constraints" in the job preference section, plus followed the options in the image below from the other thread but now I can't get any output after clicking on "calculation", the Robot eventually freezes (I gave it 20 minutes to calculate) and requires killing in task manager. Can you work your magic please / let me know some way of fixing the model while avoiding this feezing and crashing out problem? 🙂

Many Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Define structural axes along each line of the walls (both X and Y directions) as well as at each horizontal panel levels. Run detailed correction with snap to the structural axes you just created (set the tolerance as e.g. 2cm). Select all panels and delete all meshes. Select all panel again and open the meshing parameters dialog. Set size of the element. Run model generation.

I don't know the way you crate models but I can say this is not the accurate most one Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report