Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instability (of type 1) detected at node 30 in direction RY.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jorgew09
6608 Views, 6 Replies

instability (of type 1) detected at node 30 in direction RY.

Hi, 

Im trying to learn robot structual analysis professinal 2012 with help of robot structual analysis professinal 2010 training manual - metric version. im drawing exactly the same as in the manual, but im geting an error. instability (of type 1) detected at node 30 in direction RY. what have i done wrong? help please! 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Jorgew09

Possibly lack of accuracy in entering the model. Check if all bar/panels meet in common nodes please. If you can't find the reason attach the model you created.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
Jorgew09

I can't find the problem. hope you can help me.

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Too many releases for bars meeting in the node 30 which results in having this node 'detached' from the model and rotation 'freely'. I'm attaching the corrected model with the release at this node removed from one of these 3 bars. As two others have the releases defined there will be no bending transfer anyway.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

Hello. 

I am having the same problem that user Jorgew9 had.

Except that in my case it is inestability of type 2 in direction Uz and execution problem 3060.

I have no idea of how to solve this. And I have been trying for days now, i.e; If I erase those nodes just to see what happens, then i get the same error but in other nodes. I checked for the releases problem you mentioned but i could not find anything.  Would you PLEASE help me the same way you did with this user? I am going to attach my model so you can see it and tell me what is wrong with it. I really need this to work asap and i am in a plateau because i have nowhere to go without this information.

Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 7

Look e.g. at two top segments of your tower. The only connection between them are rigid links but they do not block UZ vertical displacements so the top segment 'dives' into the lower one.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

does that mean there are too many no.s of bars because of which many of them are not attached to the slab of the structure and so are free for rotation?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report