Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect definition of contour load

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
saclovitzky
2120 Views, 11 Replies

incorrect definition of contour load

Hello Artur,

How do you correct the "incorrect definition of contour load"(pls. see attached screenshot)?Do you need to literally delete all the contour loads( I hope not, since it is really time consuming to do it again). Is there any way to correct this problem without deleting them,

Also, regarding your answer on this thread, can you further explain your answer regarding ".....hour glass"

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Pb-with-load-definition/m-p/3665650/highligh...

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

How do you correct the "incorrect definition of contour load"(pls. see attached screenshot)?Do you need to literally delete all the contour loads( I hope not, since it is really time consuming to do it again). Is there any way to correct this problem without deleting them,

It should be enough to correct the ones that are wrong either in the loads table or editing their properties. Without having the file it is hard to tell what is exactly wrong with the way they were defined

Also, regarding your answer on this thread, can you further explain your answer regarding ".....hour glass"

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Pb-with-load-definition/m-p/3665650/highligh...

X.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 12

I had to correct several loads.

I Did it selecting each load , right click  and " Load properties". Load types  like Planar load 3P , linear 2P , linear on edges were edited fast and with no problem. But with Planar load 3P on contour I got the "incorrect definition" warning with every load I tried to edit.Solution was ,or editing it through the load table ,or creating the load again.

I made a small video showing that it happens in a "fresh" model too.No modifications on the contour ,only to load values.

http://screencast.com/t/83tdd8rO

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12

Try to use the first option (for the indicated one).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12

I tried that .It also leads to the error warning , and worse, it creates another contour load , so you end up with 2 contour loads applied to the same panel. It also happens the same way on Robot 2013

Rafael Medeiros
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12

Would you mind attaching the model you used please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 12

What does mean " only for the indicated one"??is it equal to "only for the selected panel" Anyway , If I edit the load values and " indicate" the panel using the load pointer ,it creates a second 3pload over the panel. If I indicate the panel by selecting it , it substitutes de old load for the new one . In both cases I get the error warning for the "new" load.File is attached.

Rafael Medeiros

EESignature

Message 8 of 12

Try that:

contour load modif.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 12

Artur,

yes it works now , Thanks!!!

But ,to the wish list,

Shouldn´t it be working without these " tricks"??

1 - When I click load properties  , the window shows exactly what I set for that load.Projection (which I didn´t touch) was "along Z axis" and it worked when I 1st created the load .Even It I don´t edit anything , but click "add" and then " for objects in the loada list" ,it will give the warning.

2 - Also , If I edit the load the way you recommended , it will work fine But if I need to edit it again ,it will not keep the "perpendicular to contour" setting and will give the warning again.

Rafael Medeiros

EESignature

Message 10 of 12

I have used the file you send to find out what is wrong and

1. Find the solution for you

2. Indicate the development team what to investigate

The direction of the laod projection should be kept as originally defined - this is the part of the 2nd point above Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 12

Great , thx!

probably they didn´t notice it because for horizontal slabs, the edition works with no " tricks" ,because the load projection is really along Z axis.

Rafael Medeiros

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

i also have experienced this problem, where the direction defaults back to something different.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report