Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to model a curved beam or truss

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
GordonSharp1992
792 Views, 13 Replies

how to model a curved beam or truss

hello

i am looking to design a curved truss of 80 meter span . is there anyway i can get model coordinates for a general design.

thank you

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 3 of 14

how can i create something to look similar to this ? should i use the tool u have shown me or something different?

see attached

Message 4 of 14

Either simplify curved elements by single straight ones or use approach shown above.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 14

can you show me roughly how i do this ? i am unsure as to how create a model , is there anyway i can get a hold of an example. possibly coordinates.

thank you

Message 6 of 14

Fast example: http://screencast.com/t/T4B5W6zQthsx
Of course in reality you have to do it more accurately and specify correct number of arc divisions

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 14

i have a attached a diagram of the problem in question can anyone help

thank you

gordon

Message 8 of 14

when designing a truss how myust i model the releases of the inner members of the truss?

Message 9 of 14

Yes you have to define releases or assign Truss bar properties to bars.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 14
dimogrec
in reply to: GordonSharp1992

Generaly a truss roof is modeled with pinned supports (not fixed as your picture). But if you add bar releases to all members (including the bar extremes ending to a support) you can leave it with fised supports

What do you mean by "How can I make this 3d so essential two of the above makes one truss?" . Is it a 2d structure? if so go to "Geometry->Structure type" and choose 3d frame or 3d truss...

Message 11 of 14
GordonSharp1992
in reply to: dimogrec

thabnks for the help.

i was wandering is there an option to get the price of the structure designed in robot? thanks

Message 12 of 14

View \ Tables \ Cost Estimation

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 14

the table comes up blank. is there something i must do to activate it?

Message 14 of 14

Tools \ Cost Estimation

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report