Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load rhs/hhs steel sections ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
achillesgr
3189 Views, 2 Replies

how to load rhs/hhs steel sections ?

Helo,

i am located in Europe and i need to load RHS/HHS steel sections in robot.

can someone please help?

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dimogrec
in reply to: achillesgr

Hi,

add Corus section database from Tools -> Job Preferences -> Databases -> Steel & Timber databases

P.S. I have seen some of the Corus sections (RHS SHS) with wrong Wx values (see images). I've contacted recently Autodesk about this so I don't know if it's already corrected. So I generaly prefer to use European section database with TCAR and TREC sections. (Anyway if you have no or small torsion in these members you could also use Corus database)

SHS_vs_TCAR100_4.jpg

SHS_vs_TCAR250_8.jpg

Message 3 of 3
rosebyrne
in reply to: dimogrec

Electric Overhead Travelling cranes are commonly used in the refinement of steel and other metals such as aluminum and copper.  In manufacturing process, until a factory as a finished product, metal is handled by an overhead crane. These cranes are used to pour raw materials into a furnace, hot metal is being rolled to specific thickness and tempered, and then stored by an overhead crane for cooling, the finished materials are lifted and loaded into trains and trucks by eot crane, and the fabricator uses an eot crane to handle the steel in his factory. The automobile industry uses these types of cranes to handle raw materials. Smaller workstations cranes, such as jib cranes or gantry cranes, handle lighter loads in a work area, such as CNC or saw.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report