Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ezcessive number of load combination

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stroxy
369 Views, 3 Replies

ezcessive number of load combination

I have a model with 12 static load cases (tank with compartments). Now when I  add equivalent lateral force cases with definition of additional eccentricities in +/- X/Y directions, using Newmark combinations, I end up with 42 load cases.  Naturally yhis generates a huge number of combinations.  What would you advise in such a scenario to limit the number of combinations.  I have tried generating automatic simplified combinations (all bars) but it does not seem to help much.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: stroxy

I am afraid you have to look at Relations and simplify them to generate smaller number of combinations.

Hint: use only seismic CQC combinations instead CQC + simple seismic cases or vice versa.

The limit can be changed here:

maxcomb.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
stroxy
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I am still grappling with the groups and relations tabs in generating combinations.  For example I have unchecked the simplified seismic cases on the "cases" tab to make them inactive, but they still appear on the "Groups" and "Relations" tab

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: stroxy

@stroxy wrote:

I am still grappling with the groups and relations tabs in generating combinations.  For example I have unchecked the simplified seismic cases on the "cases" tab to make them inactive, but they still appear on the "Groups" and "Relations" tab

OK, but they will not be used

seiscqc.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report