Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
rachellerhayem
187 Views, 2 Replies

errors

Hello, my project is a RC structure building. I am working in "Building Design" in robot. My problem is that when i choose the "pinned-pinned" type of release for all my columns; during the analysis it keeps giving me warnings about instabilities(type 2) at some nodes , and the calculations freeze when it reaches the case "Modal"(Dynamic analysis: seismic). But when i ran my model without any type of release, the calculations went fine and without any warnings or errors so i know that the issue is not with the structure. And i need the "pinned-pinned" release for my columns. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong so if you could help me, i would really appreciate it. Thank you !

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Check if you have any restrain for horizontal movements of the building. Perhaps you should define some bracings?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for your answer. Bracing was the solution. Thanks for the help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report