Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detaching columns from floor panels

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
matti.pirinen
508 Views, 5 Replies

detaching columns from floor panels

Hello,

The wanted structural system is following: Columns are connected to main girders and on there is a floor panel on top of the girders. The floor panel is not connected to the columns but only to the girders.

My problem is following: Because columns go thought the floor panel robot thinks there is connection between them. How can this be fixed?

With Best regards

Matti Pirinen

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

What about defining small openings (in the panel) around the columns?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Yes I was thinking that also, it just seems very time consuming method and the FEM web has to be lost thicker around the openings, there is no option to turn of the connection?

With best regards

Matti Pirinen

Message 4 of 6

Openings seemed to work well on horisontal panel, but with the roof panels which are not horisontal or vertical it seems impossible to apply openings... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Matti Pirinen

Message 5 of 6

There should be no difference. Try to set the working plane by e.g 3 corners of the panel and define the opening in this plane. Otherwise just delete the surface elements that join the node of a column and freeze the mesh on the panel.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for your tips.

I think the problem is that roof panels are curved in one direction and because of that robot the opening tool doesnt work.. I think i'll try to make more simple roof model... There is also problems with the openings. Robot makes stress and moment peaks on the edge of the opening even though there are beams under the panel right next to the opening... I think i'll trythe second idea you had.

Thanks for your help

With best regards

Matti Pirinen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report