Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
793 Views, 4 Replies

bracing

Hello,

I have a question regarding bracing.

From the attached picture you can see that the steel member verification changes when I change the bracing properties from non-active to just tension.

first I verified the girders and columns with bracing non-active, after I activate the bracing just in tension, the forces changes and the girders can be of smaller sections.

Please of some direction and advice, how is the normal procedure of this structures?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd say that the presence of the bracing makes difference for horizontal loads allowing the columns to be smaller Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

thank so your answer.

So is it a good assumption to design beams with bracing non-active, and for column design with active bracing (pin-pin)?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

It is going to be your decision yet personally I would use the complete model (with bracing) for the design of both beams and columns. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report