Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beam between footings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pvidallopez
740 Views, 7 Replies

beam between footings

Hello,

It's my new complete model.. but I steel had problems.

1.- How to create the beam in the foundation between footings? I considered "bar elastic ground" between the fixed boundary conditions of columns (not exactly fixed.. the base of columns are soil elastic also)... The problem is that RSA don't define reinforcement and gives the message:

"there is a problem with distributing the reinforcement because of the bar spacing or the support width too small for bar anchorage".... but the beam is 40x40 cm, 5 m long and have only his weight...

2.-Is there a tutorial for the foundations of industrial or residential buildings? How people define the beams in the foundations

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: pvidallopez

Example how to correct it below

p1.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
pvidallopez
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Ok. Thanks.

I did it... fantastic. I defined the width of the footing 2 m. The new problem it's when I calculate the reinforcemtnt of the beam gives the next screens:

kfactor.png

strees.png

flangebending.png

final error.png

The reinforcement was switched on, but I swiched off for footings only and later save the file later and also calculate the beam.. What can I do now, please? 

alse the beam was defined as elastic beam with a correct kz in fact is 10000,00 kPa in the screen of elastic ground.

Message 4 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: pvidallopez

Poor quality screen shots but I guess you have not defined soil layers under footings

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8
renanrr3

Is there any specific reason why Robot does not detect the support width automatically? I have a couple of beams in the foundation between foots, and some of them are connect to several columns/footings. The RC Design module can get some width but other not, why is that?
Example shown in the image below. 

test1.JPG

It can get the width of V2 and V3, but not V1, V4, and V5. All of them are columns/footings in my model.

test2.jpg

Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: renanrr3

File please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
renanrr3

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I found a solution to the problem: some of the footing were positioned in the same level of the supported beam, cutting it, and the columns were ending in the top of the footing, just as in the image below: Capture.PNG

Apparently because of this, Robot could not identify the width of the support in these points. To solve this problem, a simple offset on the footings and columns solved the problem, just as in the image below:

Capture1.PNG

Best regards

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: renanrr3

Sorry to resucitate this thread, but isn't it covered already that offsetting beams lead to misleading results (i.e. reduced moments)? 

I also have to design a foundation of footings connected by beams and I'm looking for some guidance on how to proceed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report