Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood bearing walls - how to model with no shear value

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bjur
687 Views, 1 Reply

Wood bearing walls - how to model with no shear value

I would like to model some wood bearing walls in a project.  I have a way of modeling orthotropic wood shearwalls in Robot that gives reasonable results.  In most wood building, there are also wood walls that do not have shear plywood attached, basicaly giving them no shear resistance.  Is there a way to set up a orthotropic wall panel that would behave this way.  I would like it to have axial / out of plane flexural / and shear stiffness only.  Little or no inplane shear stiffness and if possible, little or no flexural in plane stiffness.  The walls would have out of plane shear and flexural stiffness as real wood walls would just not inplane shear and flexural stiffness as there is no shear ply.  I would like to do this with wall panels instead of trying to model individual studs.  Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjur

Try to look at user defined orthotropic thickness

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-A27B3B93-40F0-4D88-91CC-0AA50F6F52B5.htm

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report