Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish list RC-Structural elements

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Refaat
611 Views, 6 Replies

Wish list RC-Structural elements

Dear Colleagues

I hope the following options to be added to wish list:

- (RC-Walls)

• (Typical Reinforcement option as RC - Beams &columns).
  • Reinforcement Generation without Edge reinforcement using ACI318-08M.

-(Continuous Footing)

- (RC-Beams)

• ( Possibility to use layers for top reinforcement and bottom reinforcement in typical reinforcement option).

-(RC-Columns)

• (Possibility to use bundle system and spiral stirrups in typical reinforcement option).

- Seismic (Equivalent lateral force method -ASCE7-10/IBC2009)

• (Possibility to select and control the percentage of load type which is used to calculate the seismic forces because some codes such as(ASCE7-10)doesn't consider live loads only in the storage areas (only 25%)).

Very Useful.

Thanks

Refaat

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Refaat

I hope the following options to be added to wish list:

- (RC-Walls)

• Reinforcement Generation without Edge reinforcement using ACI318-08M.

-(Continuous Footing)

- (RC-Beams)

• ( Possibility to use layers for top reinforcement and bottom reinforcement in typical reinforcement option).

-(RC-Columns)

• (Possibility to use bundle system and spiral stirrups in typical reinforcement option).

I have added them to the wish list. Mind that you can generate reinforcement in bundles.

- Seismic (Equivalent lateral force method -ASCE7-10/IBC2009)

Available.

• (Possibility to select and control the percentage of load type which is used to calculate the seismic forces because some codes such as(ASCE7-10)doesn't consider live loads only in the storage areas (only 25%)).

Would it be just enough to define seismic combination with 0.25 load factor for live loads?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
Refaat
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Dear Artur

Happy  new year

Thanks a lot for your response but I would like to clarify the following points :

RC-Columns

Bundles system : I  prefer to be implemented inside the " Typical Reinforcement Option " if possible .

Seismic (Equivalent lateral force method -ASCE7-10/IBC2009)

I mean  " The effective seismic weight " which was based to generate the seismic forces on structures .(Please , take a look to attached capture from "ASCE7-10")

Does ROBOT consider the code requirements(No live loads on floors and only 25% of it in the storage area ) internally when the effective seismic weight is calculated? if "No" is there any possibility  to add such option for ( Equivalent lateral force method) like " Load  to mass conversion option"?

With Best Regards

Refaat

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

RC-Columns

Bundles system : I  prefer to be implemented inside the " Typical Reinforcement Option " if possible .

Added to the wish list.

Seismic (Equivalent lateral force method -ASCE7-10/IBC2009)

I mean  " The effective seismic weight " which was based to generate the seismic forces on structures .(Please , take a look to attached capture from "ASCE7-10")

Does ROBOT consider the code requirements(No live loads on floors and only 25% of it in the storage area ) internally when the effective seismic weight is calculated? if "No" is there any possibility  to add such option for ( Equivalent lateral force method) like " Load  to mass conversion option"?

You can use loads to mass conversion for this type of analysis too. If you create such 'storage area' live loads and then convert them into masses with 0.25 factor then this definition will be taken into account. No other live loads are included unless they are also converted into masses.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
Refaat

Dear Artur

Supper answer 

Please , for " add mass to  " shall I use " Dynamic mass or Global mass " for (Equivalent lateral force method )

Many Thanks

Refaat

Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Both will work but it is better to use the dynamic one. The other is for inertia forces and will 'influence' display of loads for simple load cases.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
Refaat

Dear Artur

Wonderful , Thanks a lot

Refaat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report