Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind Turbine Base

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
charlv
992 Views, 3 Replies

Wind Turbine Base

Hi. Please see attached sketch of a wind turbine base. We would like to know if it is possible to draw it up in Revit, add loads and send it to Robot to be analysed. What would the workflow be in detail.

We know Revit very well but are beginners with Robot.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charl

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: charlv

I do not think Revit will help you.

example movie: http://screencast.com/t/axonKkc6yf

then apply supports, loads etc

Rafal Gaweda
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
charlv
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Perfect. Thank you for the effort.

Message 4 of 4

Good morning, I have a Solid model of a wind turbine foundation and was woundering how to apply elastic supports correctly. Basically if i apply uniform elastic support to the bottom face of my solid it doesnt work with high overturning moments and wnen part of the footing experience uplift (gaping). The only way it worked when i modeled a slab undeside of my solid footing and specified an elastic foundation coefficent of the slab, also in this case i can easily see the soil reaction using maps. This method gives me good convergence with my hand caluclations regarding the soil rections, but i was not sure if stresses in the solid are occurate. Plese advice if this method of modeling is appropriate?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report