Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind Load EC1 EN-1991-1-4

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dimogrec
1388 Views, 6 Replies

Wind Load EC1 EN-1991-1-4

Hi,

Am I right that Robot does not calculate wind load on canopy roofs (stucture with complete opened sides, only roof) as defined in EN 1991-1-4 part 7.3 (tables 7.6 and 7.7)?

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: dimogrec

Yes, you are right.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
dimogrec
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks for the confirmation Artur

It comes out from the top of this page  "The load is generated for typical workshop structures...

1)In the same page for the Cpe coefficient I read these:
"Vertical walls of buildings, Cpe according to table 7.4"        => shouldn't it be table 7.1?

"Flat roofs, Cpe according to table 7.6"                                    => shouldn't it be table 7.2 (and figure 7.6)?

"Monopitch roofs, Cpe according to table 7.7"                        => shouldn't it be table 7.3a & 7.3b (and figure 7.7)?

"Duopitch roofs, Cpe according to table 7.8"                           => shouldn't it be table 7.4a & 7.4b (and figure 7.8)?

Multispan is correct  Smiley Tongue

2)In the same page for the Cpi coefficient I read:

"The internal pressure coefficient is used, by default, according to 10.2.9 (6) as extreme values: "Cpi = 0,8 pressure (+) case   Cpi =-0,5 pressure (-) case"  

what/where is 10.2.9 (6) ? any reference?

3) So the option of openings-permeability in wind load parameters is limited. According to EN 1991-1-4  7.2.9 (2) "....When in at least two sides of the buildings (facades or roof) the total area of openings in each side is more than 30 % of the area of that side, the actions on the structure should not be calculated from the rules given in this section but the rules of 7.3 and 7.4 should instead be used." and since 7.3 (and I suppose also 7.4) aren't covered by Robot, I cannot  have a situation like in the attached picture.

It would be right to get a warning from robot when I exceed the allowed number of sides with "large" openings or at least add a clear comment to this page    

wind_openings.jpg

Message 4 of 7
dimogrec

Could someone please answer the question 2) and confirm 3)?

ps: I did not accept as solution the answer of Artur, I don't know why it looks so. I still have some questions-clarifications about wind load

Message 5 of 7
Ilona.Michalska

Hi dimogrec,

Regarding the first and second point from your previous post...
I just wanted to let you know that this topic was updated and you can find some help here:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-4500C015-BC0A-4605-904C-AF3CA79EDD16.

Thank you so much for your remarks. This is much appreciated.

Message 6 of 7
dimogrec
in reply to: Ilona.Michalska

Nice! thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

ps: I did not accept as solution the answer of Artur, I don't know why it looks so. I still have some questions-clarifications about wind load

I have removed this mark. 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report