Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning during design of RC Column ( EC8 - DCM )

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stoneZ
914 Views, 5 Replies

Warning during design of RC Column ( EC8 - DCM )

Hi

When i try to design RC column According to code EN 1992-1-1:2004 AC:2008 with seismic design requirements according to Moderated Plasticity class ( DCM ) i for very little loaded columns i get warning:

Transversal reinforcement does not comply with the seismic requirements ( EN 1998 - 1: 2004, 5.4.3.2.2 (12)P.

And when i see in mentioned section in EC 8 ( same version ) the exact clause is: 

(12)P The transverse reinforcement within the critical region at the base of the primaryseismic columns may be determined as specified in EN 1992-1-1:2004, provided thatthe value of the normalised axial load in the seismic design situation is less than 0,2 andthe value of the behaviour factor q used in the design does not exceed 2,0.

Can anybody clarify this warning and what exact Robot is checking. Does Robot is checking in this subsection for normalized axial value or he try to check if provided transverzal reinforcement is less than EC requirements including vd=0.2 in given expressions.

Also i want to clarify the doubt if robot check all conditions regarding to seismic design of RC Columns due to DCM and DCH ductility requirements given in:    5.4.3.2.2 Detailing of primary seismic columns for local ductility ( DCM) 

and for DCH.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stoneZ

1. Condition 5.4.3.2.2 (12)P is implemented in Robot the following way:
    The transverse reinforcement within the critical zone is determined. Additionally Robot calculates normalized axial load in the seismic design situation v_d= N_Ed/(f_cd*A_c) where N_Ed is the maximum axial load taken from seismic combinations. In case when the normalized axial load is >=0.2 OR behaviour factor q>2 Robot displays the following warning:
    "Transversal reinforcement is not correct due to seismic requirements (EN 1998-1:2004, 5.4.3.2.2 (12)P)".

2.a Robot checks conditions for DCM excluding 5.4.3.2.2(7) (confined concrete is not supported).

2.b Robot checks conditions for DCH but:

5.5.3.2.2(7) – q0 and Tc/T1 is to be defined by a user

5.5.3.2.2(8) - Robot does not support confined concrete.

5.5.3.2.2(9) - Robot does not support confined concrete.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Does anyhing is changed or new aded in version of 2013 for checking of local ductility of colums

Message 4 of 6

Especially does Robot check this requirements:

Message 5 of 6

According to my knowledge 5.4.3.2.2(8) is supported.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6

Do you have any documentation which explain in little details, how robot chech this

As i can see this is not reported into calc. note of colums,

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report