Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: The load has not been distributed correctly.

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
AlexDT
6877 Views, 43 Replies

Warning: The load has not been distributed correctly.

... | there are no objects that carry the load

This is de warning I'm getting. I think its saying that no elements intersect with the cladding, but the cladding goes through beams, floors and stands on top of a concrete wall.

I tried a correcting with the 'correct' function, but it didnt fix it.

How can I fix this?

(I feel like RSA is sometimes giving me warnings where there shouldnt be one!
Like the warnings 'no material' and 'isolated nodes'. Nodes that have a support are considered isolated??)

43 REPLIES 43
Message 21 of 44
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: AlexDT

Alex,

Out of  curiosity - have you read message 8 from this topic ? Smiley Wink

See the attached picture please. You will need to look at the releases you defined at columns to beams connection to get rid of instabilities but other problem should 'magically' disappear Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 22 of 44
AlexDT
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I DID read it! and did make structural axes for that purpose haha and even tried to do some corrections, but not that exact setting Smiley Embarassed

Forgive me. 🙂

I've done it now and fixed alot but not perfect yet. The mesh seems alright but I now get a distorted element error. As found in another thread in this forum, I've remeshed the panel containing the distorted element and confirmed that the node (6240) got renumbered. I did the calculations again and got the same error :s with the same node number although the number was on a total different place. It looks like the calculations are still completed, but there are no results. I cant get any result at this state!

This topic just got personal xD haha instead one problem. The original warning still stands, but doesnt seem to be a real problem for the calculations. Problems keep coming and I'm learning a lot from your help, thanks. 

Message 23 of 44
Artur.Kosakowski

Alex,

I assigned the mesh parameters as shown on the previously attached picture and there was no longer any problems with meshes. Try the following:

1. Correct the model with snap to structural axes

2. Select all panels and delete existing meshes

3. Select all panels and assign the mesh parameters as the one I used

4. Run model generation and calculations

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 24 of 44
AlexDT

Succes, I got results now. I still get some warnings, but they do not seem to that much influence.

Incoheren mesh and it still says that the load has not been distributed correctly. Ingnorable?

Message 25 of 44
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm afraid that you should not ignore them unless you check their influence. Send me your current version of the model again.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 26 of 44
AlexDT
Message 27 of 44
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm sorry but due to the company policy I'm not able to download the file from this location.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 28 of 44
AlexDT

I tries wetransfer but i didnt get a mail. Which ones are usable for you?
Message 29 of 44
AlexDT

Better luck with wetransfer! http://wtrns.fr/-rIEe5-dYJWaKY

Message 30 of 44
Artur.Kosakowski

Please follow the attached steps to correct model geometry. For the load issue: please review the load table as there are many load records with empty lists and check the load definition again. In addition I would recommend applying vertical linear loads directly to beams or floors that are intended to support them rather to the claddings.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 31 of 44
AlexDT

FINALLY!!! No errors or warnings! Thanks Guys! Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 44
AlexDT

So that was then :).

The warning about loads not distributing correctly came back. It gives this error for every cladding in my model, which gives me the idea that its not a problem with the connections. The load distributions seems allright!

(Id rather not apply the loads manually)

Message 33 of 44
AlexDT

Its been back for a while... whitout an apparent reason!

Can somebody explain why one cladding is transparent? 😮

Id swear my model is perfect by now, but.... nope!

Message 34 of 44
Artur.Kosakowski

Can somebody explain why one cladding is transparent? 😮

Alex,

The lack of display of the panel interior is just the graphic issue (this does not mean that anything is wrong with this panel or cladding itself). Have you noticed any other problem with e.g. values of reactions etc.?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 35 of 44
AlexDT

Nope, but that its a mere graphical issue answers my question.

The warning that I get, was gone for some time, but came without me changing anything about the panels. I dont think it has any influence. Nevertheless id like to understand why this problem still stand while it doesnt seem to be a problem.

Message 36 of 44
Artur.Kosakowski

Alex,

If the load is distributed correctly then the warning is excessive. If you send me the last version of your model we will try to investigate what causes it to be displayed and try to correct this for the next versions of Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 37 of 44
AlexDT

Hi Artur

I've uploaded my model,good luck! 

http://wtrns.fr/Wng0hsrn2g5Z2w- (WeTransfer.com)

Message 38 of 44
macipil131

Hello guys!

im experiencing similar problem. i have designed a beam and column structure and used cladding to transmit the wind action onto the structure and after meshing (can i call it like that...?) with Delaunay method and calculating the reactions, after i press verification the error occurs. i do not know if i can simply omit it, but it sounds like a big issue to me. 

the strange fact is, not all claddings turn on, but the pattern does not seem to be a result of my modelling mistake. i have made a screenshot, hope it helps.

this is a educational version in polish, but im keen to answer any further questions.. this is my thesis project, so i realy want it to work propely and without any doubts.

thanks in advance,

maciek 

Student @ Silesian University of Technology
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Message 39 of 44
tony.ridley
in reply to: macipil131

my 2 cents;

why I don't understand Robot.  

Many issues reported here are answered with:  "graphical error, don't worry about it".

Hard to tell boss/principal engineer "don't worry", it's just graphics.  How is it so many "bugs" are around in Robot?

Thanks

Message 40 of 44
Rafal.Gaweda

Alex, please upload it again:

fe.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report